By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My thoughts on WiiU and the 8th gen including Sony and MS (better than any editorial)

Scoobes said:
ninetailschris said:

sony...nothing but Europe.  Europe isn't going to save Sony.

believe Xbox did good damage to the ps3  and will next gen that too.

sports can easily be taken over by Xbox with some time dlc.

Vita will be the story of ps4 but the ps4 will sell more by a nice number but gone are the days of 100 million or even 70 million probably.

ps4 sounds like a boring console compared to next box and wii-u. It's going to on par of Xbox or weaker anyway so what it's trying to do is irrevalant.

btw next gen games will be made for Xbox not Ps4 ;) 

1. Europe is nearly as big as the American market so at the very least, if one of the console manufacturers can hold onto that market, they'll likely stay afloat.

2. The previous gen is no indicator of how next gen will turn out. If that were the case PS3 would have sold like the Wii. Consumers are a fickle bunch.

3. Sports games will need more marketing and sponserships then timed DLC. Most sports fans won't look into timed DLC that hard, they just want to play.

4. The handheld market and home console market are two very different things and not comparable. Handhelds have been attacked by mobiles and tablets. We've yet to see a similar thing happen in the home console space (could happen with SMART TVs, but I doubt it)

5. We know nothing about the next gen Xbox or PS4 other than rumours, none of which really point to why you'd think the Xbox is going to be more exciting than PS4.

6. If those rumours are to be believed, there will be very little difference between the two consoles and both may even use X86 processors and AMD GPUs meaning it won't really matter if games are made for Xbox or PS4, the ports will be easier to create than they were this gen.

You realize I was trolling right?

you would think with ;) would the clue with how man things I did that.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
cyberninja45 said:
Paul said:

I don't get that people don't get the tablet controller. Tablets are the way of the future. The future is now on the wii u.

Posted from my wii u tablet.

Now back to the definitive version of blops 2.

What features make it the definitive version of blops 2 for you?

The IR controls.

As much as I love the Wii U, I'm picking up Hitman Absolution today.

ninetailschris said:
Scoobes said:
ninetailschris said:

sony...nothing but Europe.  Europe isn't going to save Sony.

believe Xbox did good damage to the ps3  and will next gen that too.

sports can easily be taken over by Xbox with some time dlc.

Vita will be the story of ps4 but the ps4 will sell more by a nice number but gone are the days of 100 million or even 70 million probably.

ps4 sounds like a boring console compared to next box and wii-u. It's going to on par of Xbox or weaker anyway so what it's trying to do is irrevalant.

btw next gen games will be made for Xbox not Ps4 ;) 

1. Europe is nearly as big as the American market so at the very least, if one of the console manufacturers can hold onto that market, they'll likely stay afloat.

2. The previous gen is no indicator of how next gen will turn out. If that were the case PS3 would have sold like the Wii. Consumers are a fickle bunch.

3. Sports games will need more marketing and sponserships then timed DLC. Most sports fans won't look into timed DLC that hard, they just want to play.

4. The handheld market and home console market are two very different things and not comparable. Handhelds have been attacked by mobiles and tablets. We've yet to see a similar thing happen in the home console space (could happen with SMART TVs, but I doubt it)

5. We know nothing about the next gen Xbox or PS4 other than rumours, none of which really point to why you'd think the Xbox is going to be more exciting than PS4.

6. If those rumours are to be believed, there will be very little difference between the two consoles and both may even use X86 processors and AMD GPUs meaning it won't really matter if games are made for Xbox or PS4, the ports will be easier to create than they were this gen.

You realize I was trolling right?

you would think with ;) would the clue with how man things I did that.

You need to speak to Rol

zuvuyeay said:
d21lewis said:
DanneSandin said:
Scoobes said:
DanneSandin said:
I think it all depends on how powerful next gen consoles will be, but there is no doubt (excluding dellusional Sony fan bo.... Loyalists) that PS4 and Sony is between a rock and a hard place - and those would be WiiU and x3ox. WiiU will be the weakest, but considering sonys weak finances the PS4 can't afford to be too expansive. This will result in PS4 being similar to WiiU in power, but slightly stronger. The x3ox on the other hand could be that beast of a console everyone is expecting. Why? MS's got the money. But this would also mean that 3rd party developers won't utilize x3ox full power since they're gonna port those games over from WiiStation.

I think a lot of people are underestimating the costs of the tablet controller and how that money can be put back into the consoles silicon.

Without the money needed for the unconventional controller, Sony can put a bit more investment into the RAM, CPU or GPU whilst still keeping the costs down.

oh, i have no doubt about that ps4 will have more of everything, the question is though, will it pack enough of a punch so that wii u wont be getting good ports? the wii got gimped bastard versions, but will wii u suffer the same fate? or will it only have less impressive graphics?

I don't think there's going to be a PS4 until 2015.  I'm just posting it now because I want to have a record of it when I refer back to this post years from now.

i always thought 2014,it's interesting you think 2015 i wonder if any agree with you,i'd think microsoft could finish sony off if they put out a decent console a year before sony this time round

The way everythings looking Sony is launching first. Sony is like half way ready.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
zuvuyeay said:

i always thought 2014,it's interesting you think 2015 i wonder if any agree with you,i'd think microsoft could finish sony off if they put out a decent console a year before sony this time round

The way everythings looking Sony is launching first. Sony is like half way ready.

Source? I haven't seen any indication about the PS4 being launch before the next xbox. The only things that have been mentioned about the PS4 are rumored specs...nothing more. We have heard more about the next xbox outside of rumored specs.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Paul said:
cyberninja45 said:
Paul said:

I don't get that people don't get the tablet controller. Tablets are the way of the future. The future is now on the wii u.

Posted from my wii u tablet.

Now back to the definitive version of blops 2.

What features make it the definitive version of blops 2 for you?

The IR controls.

The one feature that was already present on the old console

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
zuvuyeay said:
d21lewis said:
DanneSandin said:
Scoobes said:
DanneSandin said:
I think it all depends on how powerful next gen consoles will be, but there is no doubt (excluding dellusional Sony fan bo.... Loyalists) that PS4 and Sony is between a rock and a hard place - and those would be WiiU and x3ox. WiiU will be the weakest, but considering sonys weak finances the PS4 can't afford to be too expansive. This will result in PS4 being similar to WiiU in power, but slightly stronger. The x3ox on the other hand could be that beast of a console everyone is expecting. Why? MS's got the money. But this would also mean that 3rd party developers won't utilize x3ox full power since they're gonna port those games over from WiiStation.

I think a lot of people are underestimating the costs of the tablet controller and how that money can be put back into the consoles silicon.

Without the money needed for the unconventional controller, Sony can put a bit more investment into the RAM, CPU or GPU whilst still keeping the costs down.

oh, i have no doubt about that ps4 will have more of everything, the question is though, will it pack enough of a punch so that wii u wont be getting good ports? the wii got gimped bastard versions, but will wii u suffer the same fate? or will it only have less impressive graphics?

I don't think there's going to be a PS4 until 2015.  I'm just posting it now because I want to have a record of it when I refer back to this post years from now.

You don't think sony will try and milk the profits they can get from the ps3 as long as possible, because they need it, seems like a wise move to hold off.

d21lewis said:
DanneSandin said:
Scoobes said:
DanneSandin said:

Actually I won't be surprised if sony uses the ps3 to compete against the wiiU and nextbox and skip this gen entirely.

As I said in my OP which no one read apparently, I should have known the attention span of vgc posters would not last the entire op.

The ps3 more than likely could receive any multiplat from the wiiu that doesn't use the gamepad in any meaningful way, so sony can continue to support the ps3 while still receiving 3rd party support. Even if MS comes out with a beast of a console, the baseline for these games would be on the level of ps3/wiiU graphics capablities leaving MS in the cold.

At least that's my take on it.

cyberninja45 said:
d21lewis said:
Nintendo Land is believing.

But it doesn't have the same appeal of wii sports, so it can turn out to be a dud

agreed, however i don't think that was their intention. to me it seems to be a marketting tool to new customers to learn about their core franchises.