By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Of Us, Beyond or God of War Ascension?

Tagged games:

Which game are you most excited for?

The Last Of Us 161 45.48%

God of War Ascension 171 48.31%

Beyond: Two Souls 22 6.21%

Total:354
Aldro said:

I want to add that if it was God of War IV and not Ascension, basically meaning that they were going to take the story forward (somehow, i dont know fucking how so dont ask xD) then I am pretty damn sure I would be mored hyped for GoWIV than TLOU. TLOU looks fucking awesome but God of War has a special place in my heart whereas TLOU is a new IP. Im just a little bit scared going into Ascension. Feels like maybe they are trying out the MP whereas the SP sounds.. cool and all, but I really am sick of going back to the past. I played GoW1 then 2 then 3. And then Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus. While those arent console games they are still VERY good.

Lets just theoretically say the MP is a hit and miss. That could hurt it a lot.

ND could pull it off with UC2 and UC3. I hope Santa Monica can too.

And things just dont get bigger and more bad ass than GoW3.

If GOW 4 happens it will occur next gen. Kratos isnt dead so we'll see.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Aldro said:

I want to add that if it was God of War IV and not Ascension, basically meaning that they were going to take the story forward (somehow, i dont know fucking how so dont ask xD) then I am pretty damn sure I would be mored hyped for GoWIV than TLOU. TLOU looks fucking awesome but God of War has a special place in my heart whereas TLOU is a new IP. Im just a little bit scared going into Ascension. Feels like maybe they are trying out the MP whereas the SP sounds.. cool and all, but I really am sick of going back to the past. I played GoW1 then 2 then 3. And then Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus. While those arent console games they are still VERY good.

Lets just theoretically say the MP is a hit and miss. That could hurt it a lot.

ND could pull it off with UC2 and UC3. I hope Santa Monica can too.

And things just dont get bigger and more bad ass than GoW3.

If GOW 4 happens it will occur next gen. Kratos isnt dead so we'll see.

Yeah I know and that makes me very happy. The whole next gen part. Will be glorious. BUT I am still not so sure on the Kratos isnt dead part. I hope he isnt because I love him :P. But it is put so vaguely towards the end. Like.. his body isnt there, but we dont really know what that implies.

Also I keep thinking about that Athenas sacrifice for Zeus brought her to a higher existance. Shouldnt Kratos sacrifice to the world bring him to a place like that too? Maybe we won't ever get to know this. Maybe its left this way for us to interpret it the way we want. I DONT KNOW MAN. I just wish someone would come and say: Yeah dont worry, GoW4 is coming. You have no idea how crazy hyped I was when people started mentioning a new God of War in the works. When I saw the sub title being Ascension, I was left with a sad face :(.

We know ND still has stories to tell regarding Drake so there will be another Uncharted next gen <3. I want SSM to confirm GoW for next gen too. And I hope GG is making a Killzone 4 too.

-> Uncharted 4, God of War 4, Killzone 4

:P

It's close between Beyond and The Last of Us. Naughty dawg is my favorite developer so I'd probably lean more in favor of TLOU. Very excited to see how Quantic Dream delivers on their "sequel" to Heavy Rain though.

As for God of War, I feel like they maxed out on GOW3. The multiplayer looks very interesting though, so I'll check it out.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:
Naughty God is my favorite developer so I'd probably lean more in favor of TLOU.

*Bro fist*

pezus said:
babuks said:
JustThatGamer said:
God of War: Ascension easily, I don't even have to see more SP footage to be sure because it's guaranteed to be a masterpiece, I can't wait to see how Kratos transitioned from a normal Spartan warrior to a badass God and I'm looking forward to seeing more of his normal home-life and humanity. It'll be the best game out of those in every way and will almost definitely be my GOTY. And it'll stay in my console a lot longer thanks to the fantastic new MP component, Todd Papy is teasing a horde-like mode which excites me a lot!

I am looking forward to Beyond: Two Souls because I found Heavy Rain surprisingly decent so I'll probably buy that game at a bargain bin price. I couldn't give a damn about The Last of Us as nothing about it excites me, if it gets decent reviews then maybe I'll rent it/ borrow from friend but there's no way I'm giving Naughty Dog my money again after how disappointed I am with Uncharted 3.

If were not talking just PS3 exclusives my top 3 would be: God of War: Ascension, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Bioshock Infinite.

Judging by your recent posts, I get the feeling that you don't like Naughty Dog's games. First Uncharted, now TLoU.

I don't remember him posting without adding something about how he feels Uncharted/ND is overrated lol. Honestly, I don't.

Kratos has been in Drakes shadow somewhat lately. Hence the offense against ND & UC xD.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
The Last of Us. I'm sick to the back teeth of God of War, and Beyond kinda just looks like a reskinned Heavy Rain and Ellen Page can suck my dick (literally and figuratively).

Hard Candy style?

OT: The last of us

im gettign all 3 but The last of Us i think! can wait for GOWA too though :D

There are no "both" option lol... I picked TLOU.

The Last of us, loved UC 1 2 and 3. Only Played God of War Ghost of Sparta when it was £6.99 for PSP (Would have bought God of War Saga if it came to EU land and subsequently been very excited for both)

Last of us 103
God of War Ascension 100

Very close!

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

Ugh, Sony, why you must make it so hard for me to decide (in a good way)? I'm going to go with The Last of Us because of the AI. Never have I seen AI that intelligent before and the game is not even close to being done yet. This is what a great game should be, not just having good graphics, but also having enemies that do not run to their deaths. The enemies from the two demos had emotion, smarts, everything. Plus, that's only the human enemies. I'm curious to see what the infected are like.