By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forza overtakes Gran Turismo to become the highest selling HD-console exclusive racing franchise of the gen!

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

"GT isnt the juggernaut it was prior to this generation" proves you dont know what your talking about and are on a biased fueled rant. its within 1 million of hitting the 10 million everyone thought was impossible for the same reason you said, yet your still saying it?  explain to me your reason as to why GT isnt what it used to be cause the sales say the opposite. isnt it the fastest selling GT in europe ever? i really hate posts like this trying to be all factual and know it all when its quite franky, just another opinion, thats full of nonsense. nice try though.

Now that 10 million is locked, the new target is 14.5 million. To quote:

"GT5 isn't the juggernaut it was prior to this generation, because it failed to sell 14.5 million."

Around the Network

4 vs 5. If you were to toss another main GT in there that gap would widen by millions.

man-bear-pig said:
ethomaz said:
lol

What's funny?

Everything in this thread.

I would say it is quite impressive that (1) demo and (1) full title has sold as much as (5) full titles.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Forza average: 3.06 m
GT average: 6.12 m

Around the Network
justinian said:

It's all very childish in my opinion.  It's like kindergarden. "Please sir, lock this thread", "I am going to report you", "Sir, ban this person".

It's ridiculous. Adults shouldn't act like that. Over the stupidest things.

Obviously i don't know anyone's age but I thought this site was for people over 18.

It is, but I'm 16.

Total rebel.

OT: This thread will not go without retaliation MBP, Microsoft and Apple dooms threads incoming.

Turkish said:
Its known that GT5 and GT5P are both undertracked.

Gran Turismo 5 “Prologue” 5,350
Gran Turismo PSP 3,860
Gran Turismo 5 9,010

Where do you have this numbers from?

Well i'm no racing fan so I don't care either way. But imo this thread should serve as major compliment to all the GT fans out there. Forza is not a new franchise as it launched last gen on the original Xbox. However, MS and all the Forza fans out there want so desperately to make this franchise the top selling ip in it's genre. So much, threads like this are created and explode with replies. Forza has taken the review crown, but a cherry picking thread like this for sales just screams desperation not facts. It's really quite sad actually but awe well, carry on.

AndrewWK said:
Turkish said:
Its known that GT5 and GT5P are both undertracked.

Gran Turismo 5 “Prologue” 5,350
Gran Turismo PSP 3,860
Gran Turismo 5 9,010

Where do you have this numbers from?

Mother Polyphony Digital.

Forza is a HEAVILY bundled franchise. Main GT games sell 8-10 million on average. Main Forza games will sell 2-3 without the excessive bundling. Forza is nowhere near as popular as Gran Turismo.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!