By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 47- Famitsu and Media Create

hiska-kun said:
Kenology said:
I don't think Famitsu counted download cards then. NSMB was the first of it's kind like that I think, along with Brain Training. Famitsu expanded it's tracking method it seems.

Mmmm... seems odd... If Famitsu expanded its tracking, now it should track NSMB 2 download cards as well. Why leave the game behind, while Animal Crossing is tracked? And this week and last week numbers NSMB 2 was lower than Media Create.

Or do you think Famitsu will only track Download cards from games released after Animal Crossing? Anyway, I'll ask on Neogaf.

We don't know if they are or aren't tracking download cards for NSMB2 now.  They can't retroactively count them.  More accurate tracking has to start somewhere, and if that begins with Animal Crossing then so be it.  I'd be interested in hearing what they have to say about this on GAF.  Or perhaps VicViper can weigh in as well.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
This milestone actually happened this week:

3DS XL LTD: 1.136.071
PSV LTD: 1.042.804

Next up:  PS3!

Should only be four or five weeks.  Definiely before Januaray.

Kenology said:
VicViper said:

Well, if it continues to outsell it by 150k, it's in 2 weeks (Famitsu) and 3 weeks (Media Create)

VicViper said:
Kenology said:
VicViper said:

Well, if it continues to outsell it by 150k, it's in 2 weeks (Famitsu) and 3 weeks (Media Create)

So sooner than I'm anticipating then?  That looks doable with Pokemon next week, Layton the week after, Xmas boost, sustained Animal Crossing boost, Inazuma boost (if any)... anything esle I'm missing?

Kenology said:

So sooner than I'm anticipating then?  That looks doable with Pokemon next week, Layton the week after, Xmas boost, sustained Animal Crossing boost, Inazuma boost (if any)... anything esle I'm missing?

Nope, that's all the boosts

Paper Mario is doing so bad in COMG that I don't expect a "Paper Mario Boost"

But the biggest one is Xmas boost. Also there's the Wii U negative boost, as it will affect 3DS sales somehow I think.

Around the Network
VicViper said:

Pic-list for next week:

3DS:

It releases on the 23th so it will have one day less of tracking. Not doing so hot on comg... but anything less than 150k I don't think is very good. My prediction: 175k

The one of its kind PS3/3DS game. Looks incredible imo, but sadly, I think it'll flop. Prediction: 38k, maybe less

Plus the usual shovelware (I love them, shows the system is doing good)

Vita:

No releases. Previously the week for PASBR, but it got delayed

PSP:

+ special edition of the same game. Sales: we'll never know.

PS3:

Prediction: 220k

Same as 3DS, but a little better: 48k

+ a lot of (best price) games rereleases. A lot. As usual, big week for software for the PS3.

Xbox 360:

Black Ops II

Wii:

No releases

You mentioned Best Price re-releases for the PS3, but the 3DS also had one. Rhythm Theif R (Sega the Best) version also came out on 11/22!

Boxart on the official page.

http://r.sega.jp/

I'm thinking about picking it up now at this new lower price.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I hope Paper Mario will hit 500k at the very least. I'll be very please if it rides the holiday wave and hit 750k or even (dare I dream) 1mil.

smbu2000 said:

You mentioned Best Price re-releases for the PS3, but the 3DS also had one. Rhythm Theif R (Sega the Best) version also came out on 11/22!

I usually don't put best price games on the list, unless they're somewhat important, like MH3G for example, but next week is heavy on them for the PS3.

And yes, I have my eyes for a long time on Rhythm Thief too. But I'm just buying digital games nowadays, and since this one is not available digitally yet, it'll have to wait.

BTW, speaking of boxarts, I still can't get over the fact that they used that image for the Pokémon boxart. The previous games had some of the best GBA/DS covers of all, imo. Best Pokémon boxarts, definitely. Not a big deal but... this

is butt ugly and generic when compared to this

They even changed the logo!! Where's the "??"

That's like... huge! lol

It should have been at least like the download card, with the hand-drawn background and not with the computer generated generic blue they used.

Kenology said:
I hope Paper Mario will hit 500k at the very least. I'll be very please if it rides the holiday wave and hit 750k or even (dare I dream) 1mil.

Man, you will be disappointed.

VicViper said:
smbu2000 said:

I usually don't put best price games on the list, unless they're somewhat important, like MH3G for example, but next week is heavy on them for the PS3.

And yes, I have my eyes for a long time on Rhythm Thief too. But I'm just buying digital games nowadays, and since this one is not available digitally yet, it'll have to wait.

BTW, speaking of boxarts, I still can't get over the fact that they used that image for the Pokémon boxart. The previous games had some of the best GBA/DS covers of all, imo. Best Pokémon boxarts, definitely. Not a big deal but... this

is butt ugly and generic when compared to this

They even changed the logo!! Where's the "??"

That's like... huge! lol

It should have been at least like the download card, with the hand-drawn background and not with the computer generated generic blue they used.

That's what I figured, heh. I just noticed it when I went to check out the new games today (sans Pokemon.) 

The red and blue in the background makes a slightly subtle infinity symbol though, which goes with the game.The box art doesn't really matter as Pokemon fans will pick it up. I'll probably pick it up as well (not for me.)

Does the Nintendo point card have the ?? or not? 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"