By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 47- Famitsu and Media Create

Kenology said:

I changed the 3DS hardware...  I don't know what numbers I was looking at.  I do expect it to do better than last year.  Upped to 1900k.

What are your predictions, VV?

To be honest, a little less than last year.

1 - because of Wii U. It'll impact 3DS (and everything else) sales a little negatively, imo.

2 - 3DS had 2 previous weeks (animal crossing 2 weeks) that were much better than last year. But 3DS from last years will still receive boosts from Mario Kart and Monster Hunter 3G. 3DS this year has way more games, but maybe not as much huge games in the month of December (even though it has a fair share of big games). But who knows... if it beats last year in the next two weeks, then I think it has a high chance of surpassing 2011, even if it doesn't beat last year's biggest week (which was the beastly 482k)

Seriously, if it sells more than 1722 in the next 6 weeks (not 5, my mistake)... then... wow, I'll be speechless. It'll be nearly 6 million this year alone. I think DS did a little over 6 million in its best year - 2006 the pokémon year... and next year is Monster Hunter + Pokémon combo for the 3DS.