By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U 'Has A Horrible, Slow CPU' Says Metro Last Light Dev

So this developer's comments is an indication on how third party support will be on WiiU? That it will be another Wii?

SERIOUSLY?!!

When other developers are saying otherwise? Never mind that it is poised to be a hit with Japanese gamers?

Why are we having this discussion again?

Around the Network
runqvist said:
Cobretti2 said:
LOL slower CPU doesn't mean it is weaker.

My Athlon 64 was much faster than my i7,. byt which is better? think about it?

It is just your intepretation that they were talking just about clock speeds and even if they were, it is just a powerpc cpu. Just like the one in 360, with slight modifications and slower clock speeds,

That other part of your post is just bullshit. Care to tell me which athlon 64 is "much faster" than any i7? No, wait. Tell me one that is even faster at all.

The reason I say it is clock speed because the tekken devs said the cpu was slower tha 360/PS3 and siad you cnanot do a striaght port as those consoles relied on the high speed CPUs to compensate for the video card. He also did say they found other ways that are nto avialable on 360/PS3 to d achieve the same end result.

As for your other question.

My Athlon64 was 3.2GHz

when I7 first launched they were as low as 2.67GHz.

Yet which CPU is better? the i7 BLOWS it out of the water.

With WiiU we also knwo the CPU is customised, what does that exactly mean? who knows. Looking at the raw speed it is obvious that it is slower, no one is deniing that. But if the Tekken guys could do things differently by utilising the strengths of WiiU, I don't see why other developers cannot either.

JTurner82 said:
So this developer's comments is an indication on how third party support will be on WiiU? That it will be another Wii?

SERIOUSLY?!!

When other developers are saying otherwise? Never mind that it is poised to be a hit with Japanese gamers?

Some people don't learn, so we are doomed to repeat history.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
JTurner82 said:

SERIOUSLY?!!

That may be true, but I SERIOUSLY doubt 3rd party support for WiiU is going to magically disappear because of this guy's "comments".

JTurner82 said:

SERIOUSLY?!!

Yes it is this developer, but these things have a domino effect (or as Rol put it sheep following the herd). I am sure whatever japanese support has been committed will stay. It is the western developers yet again dismissing a Nintendo platform, no matter what they try and do. 3DS is a good example of that. Outside of japanese developers what are western devs offering? The thing is selling quickly atm yet they sit back and do nothing.

EA for example, at E3 were like HUGE fans of WiiU and praised it to bits. Then we here about this Origin rumor going to WiiU and NIntnedo saying no to EA. Suddenly EA has gone quiet about their full fledged support for the console. Now we will ge tthe sports games as it is part of the licening agreements, but look at Mass Effect 3, totally botched up.

Outside the launch titles what do we really know about the WiiU 3rd party support? Same happend with Wii. There was some great ports at the start RE4, Godfather, both which I htought utilized the wii remote well. But because they didn't sell "well enough" for "new games" on a new system, both capcom and EA decided let us try on rails shooters to test the waters. Ironically enough the best onrails shooter was house of the dead overkill, only because it was setup to be JUST that and funny. It Didn't turn a serious survivoal horror genre into a joke.

Around the Network
oni-link said:
RolStoppable said:
archbrix said:

The difference is that with 3DS the price was higher for a feature that doesn't change the gameplay in any way or add to the experience other than a graphical effect.  WiiU's Gamepad is a game changer with both games and overall functionality (my opinion).

And do you really think the price is too high?  $299 (basic unit) is a sweet spot for a console launch; had the Wii been $299 it still would have launched phenomenally well.

The Gamepad is certainly much better than stereoscopic 3D ever was.

Yes, I think the price is too high. The basic Wii U comes across as a gimped version (even though it is mostly identical), so the system will be effectively perceived as a $350 console that comes with a game (that might not be of value to everyone). The global economy is also much worse than six years ago. I think the system will be fine in Japan where it has a similar price as the PS3, it will do alright in the USA, but Europe is a different story as the region seems to be more price-sensitive overall. If Nintendo doesn't properly stagger their releases beyond March 2013 (which we know nothing about the moment), they will definitely run into problems. But if, say, Mario Kart 8 releases in spring and Wii Sports 3 in summer, then there shouldn't be much to worry about.

I don't think so, especially if you consider the Vita is currently selling at $300 regular price and so is the sexy x360s 250GB was selling @$300 pre-holiday bundle.

Vita MSRP is $249.99.

Western parties are hit and miss for me anyway; I prefer the Japanese parties. They have better software. And yeah, this will DEFINITELY be a hit in Japan. We'll see FF, MGS, KH, and other big franchises on the system (probably). Western parties will always be more fickle, but at this point, the 3rd party support is looking solid, not like the Wii in its launch stage.

JTurner82 said:

That may be true, but I SERIOUSLY doubt 3rd party support for WiiU is going to magically disappear because of this guy's "comments".

I'm still waiting for it to appear!

Its a shame about the CPU especially in regards to multiplatform titles, but Nintendo's 1st party games will still look like everything and more.

People expecting the big next gen 3rd party titles to also appear on the Wii U may wanna hold their breath though.

JTurner82 said:
F0X said:
JTurner82 said:

SERIOUSLY?!!

Its more a case that if developers are having some troubles porting 360/ps3 games to the system due to one of its limitations, how is the Wii U going to faire when games are being developed for the 720/ps4 where the CPU are bound to be at least 4x faster then they are currently.