By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Single Biggest Problem With the Wii U so Far.

Have been mesmerized by the Wii U’s Gamepad?

Absolutely! I can't put it down. 32 50.79%

It's just a controller with a screen. 31 49.21%

Total:63

So I got my Wii U on launch day and ever since then I haven't been able to put down the Gamepad, which is of course why I’m writing this post. See the biggest problem I’ve found with the Wii U so far, is the fact that I haven’t been playing any games on it, but rather I’ve just been memorized by the vast amount of things I can done on a ‘controller’.

I’m wondering if anyone has been having this same problem of just being captivated by the vast amount of stuff you can do with the Gamepad, so much so that, for example,  you spend more time in Miiverse than you do playing Mario or any of the other games available?

For example, one cool thing I did this morning was powering up the console but never turning on my TV, since I could interact with the console and the games directly from my Gamepad – How awesome is that!

So let me know, have been mesmerized by the Wii U’s Gamepad?   What are your impressions of the Gampad so far?

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

I do not have a wii u yet, but I must say that the gamepad is amazing! If man bear pig was here right now he would say it was better than the ipad3!I love it! Is that possible? Can a man love a gamepad?

You'll have to wait for the peripheral add ons.

spurgeonryan said:
DaRev said:

So I got my Wii U on launch day and ever since then I haven't been able to put down the Gamepad, which is of course why I’m writing this post. See the biggest problem I’ve found with the Wii U so far, is the fact that I haven’t been playing any games on it, but rather I’ve just been memorized by the vast amount of things I can done on a ‘controller’.

I’m wondering if anyone has been having this same problem of just being captivated by the vast amount of stuff you can do with the Gamepad, so much so that, for example,  you spend more time in Miiverse than you do playing Mario or any of the other games available?

For example, one cool thing I did this morning was powering up the console but never turning on my TV, since I could interact with the console and the games directly from my Gamepad – How awesome is that!

So let me know, have been mesmerized by the Wii U’s Gamepad?   What are your impressions of the Gampad so far?

I do not have a wii u yet, but I must say that the gamepad is amazing! If man bear pig was here right now he would say it was better than the ipad3!I love it! Is that possible? Can a man love a gamepad?

The system is awesome and the Gamepad really is the key element. You really have to play it to know how good and natural a touchscreen on a gaming controller is. I really hope you got yours soon to experience this The Gamepad IMO single-handedly fixed all of Nintendo's online issues. So I would say that Nintendo now has the best online service, even better than Live! MS and Sony have to come good with their next offerings IMO.

The console is positioned in the living and the gamepad actually works in my bedroom upstairs... the signal gets a bits choppy when I go up the stairs but once im in my room it works fine.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

I like the gamepad but I think I had more fun with the Wiimotes on the Wii than playing with the gamepad so far. The gamepad can do a decent amount of other non game stuff a lot better. I haven't played with it too much yet though.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
spurgeonryan said:

You'll have to wait for the peripheral add ons.

ha ha ha, the looks like some good loving to me lol. That would sell some consoles. If only Nintendo fans were so lucky!

omg I'm so jealous! D:

What I like is that it is basically a universal remote. I can turn on my cable dvr box and tv with it. I can turn the channel, and adjust the volume as well as changing the input. I thought that was a really cool feature and it was super easy to setup. Besides that it doesn't have a camera application so I was disappointing in that. Unless Im mistaken?

JayWood2010 said:
What I like is that it is basically a universal remote. I can turn on my cable dvr box and tv with it. I can turn the channel, and adjust the volume as well as changing the input. I thought that was a really cool feature and it was super easy to setup. Besides that it doesn't have a camera application so I was disappointing in that. Unless Im mistaken?

Yeah, setting the Gampad up to work with your TV is supper easy. I got me wondering what other devices you couuld get it to control. You got it to controll more than your TV, can it also work with a  receiver - at least to power it on, control volume etc?

DaRev said:
JayWood2010 said:

Yeah, setting the Gampad up to work with your TV is supper easy. I got me wondering what other devices you couuld get it to control. You got it to controll more than your TV, can it also work with a  receiver - at least to power it on, control volume etc?

Ive had the same question...any chance this will be able to control my reciever? Right now I have a remote for my tv and a remote for my reciever, i would love to have an all in one though ^.^