By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does Activision Hate Digital? Or do They Just Hate Nintendo?

I booted up my Wii U today and I was very happy to see that all first and third party titles were up on the eShop to purchase. I'm going digital-only this gen, so this is awesome for me.

But wait, where the **** is BLOPS 2? It says you can only get the retail version and it's unavailable online. Why the hell is this? Looks like I'm not getting the game anymore. =/

Around the Network

I don't know about Activision, but I hate digital distro and this is yet another reason why.

I think it's foolish to go digital-only and I dread a future of digital only.

If you can't hold it in your hand then you don't really own it. If you don't really own it then you have no right to use it. If you don't have any ownership rights then it can be taken from you at any time.

wfz said:

I booted up my Wii U today and I was very happy to see that all first and third party titles were up on the eShop to purchase. I'm going digital-only this gen, so this is awesome for me.

why ? get Steam on your computer then, whats the point of buying a console if you're only doing digital? 

At least Activision has one thing right. I refuse to go digital when a hard copy is available. Journey sitting in my PS3's HDD? No no no.. Journey sitting proudly on my shelf with my other 181 games? Yes, sir! Getting close to that elusive 200 mark!

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

why go digital only this gen,i don't understand,what are your reasons

i buy and download quite a lot of digital games now but i'd never go say digital only,too many bargains out in the shops

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
wfz said:

why ? get Steam on your computer then, whats the point of buying a console if you're only doing digital? 

How many Nintendo published games do Steam offer?

And do you really think people buy the PS3 because of how much they love physical media? I mean, maybe (this is a crazy guess) they buy it because they want PS exclusives?

kain_kusanagi said:
I don't know about Activision, but I hate digital distro and this is yet another reason why.

I think it's foolish to go digital-only and I dread a future of digital only.

If you can't hold it in your hand then you don't really own it. If you don't really own it then you have no right to use it. If you don't have any ownership rights then it can be taken from you at any time.

that is the day i will quit gaming or pirate if that will be possible.

Even DRM on PC has fucked me around. POP the original one. I baught it original, however the game would not launch because I had a VIRTUAL cd-rom (which nero installs). Even when I disabled it still bitched.

So I had to download a crack for a legit game to get it to work. FANTASTIC I KNOW HAHA.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
PullusPardus said:
wfz said:

And do you really think people buy the PS3 because of how much they love physical media? I mean, maybe (this is a crazy guess) they buy it because they want PS exclusives?

whats the point of having a console if you are only going to use it to download stuff?

and WiiU has very little memory , so he'll run out of space in no time.

PullusPardus said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
PullusPardus said:
wfz said:

whats the point of having a console if you are only going to use it to download stuff?

There is a thing called a 2 TB USB external hard drive.

sethnintendo said:
PullusPardus said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
PullusPardus said:
wfz said:

There is a thing called a 2 TB USB external hard drive.

good luck with copying games to internal HDD and then re-installing them over and over , everytime you want to play them