By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U - Internet Browser (Holy Sh*t)

Lmao

I guess I shouldn't mention the numerous times I've watched YouTube videos on the regular wii browser.

I just always switched to "standard view" when I got on YouTube

I remember barely being able to post comments though

I'm glad they upgraded the browser though because you never know when you actually might need it

Edit: oh okay never mind this post

@seth just explained it lol

Around the Network

The WiiU browsers is almost like being on the PC.... really, I've found no reasons to leave my couch. Simply works perfectly.

animegaming said:
finally there is a browser i will actually use on a console once when i get my wii u but quick question can i go on it if i am playing a game

yes. Just hit 'home' button on any game, it puases, click browser, do whatever, then go back to game and resume.

Semi unrelated but there is now a YouTube channel for the Wii (suppose it came out just recently around Wii U release)

So, as far as I know

Console = super great
Games = meh

Right?

Around the Network

Some decent games, actually, considering it's only the launch lineup. Excellent version of BO2 as well.

BasilZero said:
How is YouTube on the Wii-U?

I still dont like how it is on the PS3/Xbox360.

It works great. you can hide view, find video, open view an show video (on tv), then on gamepad start looking for a different video. Pretty awesome.

nintendo is doom

guiduc said:
So, as far as I know

Console = super great
Games = meh

Right?

umm no. super great for both.  Don't know why anyone would say the games are 'meh'.

BasilZero said:
superchunk said:
BasilZero said:
How is YouTube on the Wii-U?

I still dont like how it is on the PS3/Xbox360.

It works great. you can hide view, find video, open view an show video (on tv), then on gamepad start looking for a different video. Pretty awesome.

Is the interface like on the other systems or is it like PC user friendly lol?

PC-ish. You have a tablet to use. It works flawlessly and then goes to automatic full screen on the TV.