By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official VGChartz Wii U Friend Thread

when u press the home button is when it lets you know you have a request

Around the Network
Xxain said:
when u press the home button is when it lets you know you have a request

I just sent ya a request lol hopefully u will get it :(

Okay, I've added every single person who's on the list on the front page. About half of you apparently haven't added me yet, so we'll see what happens. :P

Vinnie, I added you btw.

I added everyone on the list up to omega_pirate (the end of the list last I saw)

2 people I was unable to add, #1 NintenNinja and #2 Red4ADevil, friend requests were greyed out, so I assume this is some parental control or something. Currently at 12 friends, lets also remember we have a max 100 =p

wfz said:
Vinniegambini said:
wfz said:
Alright, I've had my Wii U powered on for an hour now (and even downloaded NSMBU) and I still haven't received ANY notifications that any of you have added me as friends.

It's fine, I can add you all manually, but why am I not receiving these notifications? Do I have to change some sort of setting?

just tried to add ya said id didnt work lol. im so lost haha

You added: Growlithe

Right? Strange.

jlrx81, I got your request! You are the only one I've gotten so far! You should feel special - because I feel like you're special now.

Thanks, I do feel that way, I am up to 13 now but only ever the one notification.

Around the Network

To you'all with screen issues.

I double checked and the only settings for screen is under specific apps and not OS level beyond general output like 1080p and 16:9.

From what I've been reading, it has to be TV issues and settings. Looks like a few members on GAF have the same issue and its due to something in their settings that is stretching the already provided correct screen resolution. Double check to ensure your TV is set to 'native' etc.. .something that does not adjust the screen size at all.

Wish I had more for you. :(

EDIT: Solution for WiiU resolution issue:  I realized I had the same issue. It's a tv setting, my tv has a "Wide" button that changes how it displays content. My tv was set to "full". I changed it to "full pixel" and the screen is perfect now.

wfz said:

Okay, I've added every single person who's on the list on the front page. About half of you apparently haven't added me yet, so we'll see what happens. :P

Vinnie, I added you btw.

I tried adding you but it said the username wasn't right :S

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

You should tell everyone to add friends through the search user function in Miiverse. It's alot easier for everyone that way.

jlrx said:
FYI, I decided to send friend requests on my own, one person, it is a pending request - the other (Kenology) as soon as I sent it, it confirmed we were friends, I only received a notification from PokeDel, so if your seeing nothing, send those requests and answer your invisible requests? If you add someone, tell them so they know they need to add you back perhaps.

Yeah, I get requests sometimes... other times, the person already added me and I had to add them for the friending to become complete.  It's sort of a weird thing.

I updated OP with pokeclaudel's suggestion. Search users in the Miiverse and then send a request which they'll get a notification for. That's the best way to go about this and eliminates a lot of confusion!

BTW, I still haven't been added by JWeinCom, Red4ADevil, super_etecoon, superchunk, walkthrublazer3, or uno, so I'm going to send requests that you'll see through the Miiverse.