By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Got PS All-Stars EARLY!

Tagged games:

Rafux said:
Hey OP what game modes are in the game? Any secret characters so far?

i got this info from a thread on gaf

Arcade Mode
- Training Mode
- Combat Trials
- Versus Matches

o Online
o Team Battle
o Free For Al

i think team battle is 2v2

while free for all can be 1v1, 1v1v1 and 1v1v1v1

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Rafux said:

Actually yes I'm interested in this.  Is there a game mode more like SSB in it instead of it being based off of supers?

Now I understand why you didn't enjoy it!

JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:
Rafux said:

Actually yes I'm interested in this.  Is there a game mode more like SSB in it instead of it being based off of supers?

That may be the case I dont know.  I love SSB though,  but it's kind of hard not comparing the two.

Rafux said:

1v1, 2v2 and 4 player (1v1v1v1) oh and 3 player (1v1v1) xD

Although.. I think its possible to even 3v1, not sure! And probably 2v1 if the before mentioned is possible. NOT SURE THOUGH.

Then theres like three modes -> One where you set the life. One where you set the kill count. One where you play until time runs out.

I personally LOVE 1v1 :P.

There are no "secret characters" and all stuff are based off using Supers to kill. I really loved smash as a kid and I was sceptical on the whole not being able to kill people with regular moves, but I have to say that this system is VERY good. Like it really encourages being able to not get hit and build your meter by doing fancy stuff. In essence it really is the same as getting that % up as Smash. Like the ideal is still to hit people in smash without being hit, the same applies to All Stars. The only tricky part is that you constantly have to think if you want to save up to level 2 or 3, or go for level 1. Level 1 is very easy to dodge if you fight a good player. Hell even level 3 can be dodged for certain characters! You basically have to know the characters and adjust the supers you choose for each level. It makes it hard to just prepare in advance and that makes each scenario very unique. Love it!

@Nsanity
Yeah, a gamer tipped me of a store thats 40 mins away from me so I went right away the following morning.

JayWood2010 said:
JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:
Rafux said:

That may be the case I dont know.  I love SSB though,  but it's kind of hard not comparing the two.

I also love SSB but the same play tactics and styles just don't work in All Stars. On the surface both games are fairly similar but when playing the only similarity in technique is going after the current winner. The meta game in PSASBR is world's apart from smashes. Hey when you tried the beta, were you good, average, or always loosing?

Around the Network

No secrets... feels bad man I wanted Ico/Wander. Loved the demo still buying.

Rafux said:
No secrets... feels bad man I wanted Ico/Wander. Loved the demo still buying.

Team Ico wont let it happen, they've been asked but they said no :(

Maybe as future DLC... If the game does good (I mean who can reject $$$ xD)

Isn't Team Ico owned by Sony? Also is there any presence of Gran Turismo in any way shape or form in the final game?

Rafux said:
Isn't Team Ico owned by Sony? Also is there any presence of Gran Turismo in any way shape or form in the final game?

Nope nothing on GT!

But see this =

(Its a joke account but very funny hahaha)

And yeah, I believe Team Ico is owned by Sony. But I believe Superbot had to like personally.. confront each dev or something. Team Ico just didnt want it. Maybe Sony didnt want to force it on them or something. I uno!

JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:
JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:
Rafux said:

I also love SSB but the same play tactics and styles just don't work in All Stars. On the surface both games are fairly similar but when playing the only similarity in technique is going after the current winner. The meta game in PSASBR is world's apart from smashes. Hey when you tried the beta, were you good, average, or always loosing?

I played alright on multiplayer.  I chose Sly Cooper most of the time and stayed invisible a lot.