By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I sell a Wii U on e-bay?

Thread title pretty self explanatory.

If the opportunity presents itself (buying a Wii U) should I get one for nothing other than selling on e-bay for profit?

I remember in 2006 Wii's selling at incredible prices because of Nintendo underestimating demand. I'm not sure if the Wii U will have similar demand though (due to supply constraints).

I'm not completely opposed to getting one eventually just not right now considering I'm in my Junior year at the University and I don't even play my Ps3 anymore.

Last year the Leap Pads were huge and going for ridiculous amounts on e-bay but I stocked the store shelves and could never get one due to them being sold out when i got off work.

The year before that I believe was the Rock n Roll Mickey and couldnt get one for the same problem.

This year I don't stock shelves during shipments and might be able to get one eventually. And I'm pretty sure the Wii U will be this years gift in high demand.

My question isn't if it is morally permissable (because it is) it is if Nintendo will be able to keep up with demand. Because if they do it wont be worth it for me.

Around the Network

No, you should give it to me :)

That depends on whether you are willing to take money from the pockets of your fellow human beings.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
That depends on whether you are willing to take money from the pockets of your fellow human beings.

Its supply and demand. They are willing to by a product at a certain price. I take money from Target when I work. I take money from fellow human beings when I sell a car. I take money from Marquette when I go to school. I'm not forcing them to give me money. If they can afford it and want to spend their money on it that is their right.

Max King of the Wild said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Its supply and demand. They are willing to by a product at a certain price. I take money from Target when I work. I take money from fellow human beings when I sell a car. I take money from Marquette when I go to school. I'm not forcing them to give me money. If they can afford it and want to spend their money on it that is their right.

In the end they will pay more than they would have if the same copy was available at the store. I wouldn't want to put anyone in a situation where they feel the need to pay more than the original price for a product, unless if the person was rich and the profits would be donated to the poor. (You aren't poor, are you?)

In another scenario, your Wii U console could have been bought by a parent who was looking for a birthday gift for his/her offspring, but your purchase resulted in the parent being forced to buy a less enoyable gift for the same price since the console was sold out.

Sure, this last scenario might be very far-fetched, but why take the risk? I know I wouldn't.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

The idea here is that you are a completely unnecessary middle man, ripping the console away from the market only to offer it back at a higher price. You're giving no added value to the exchange.

It shows a lack of decency for your community/fellow humans. It really depends on your morals, though. If you see no issue with it, and you want to make a quick buck, then you are legally fully allowed to do such.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

In the end they will pay more than they would have if the same copy was available at the store. I wouldn't want to put anyone in a situation where they feel the need to pay more than the original price for a product, unless if the person was rich and the profits would be donated to the poor. (You aren't poor, are you?)

In another scenario, your Wii U console could have been bought by a parent who was looking for a birthday gift for his/her offspring, but your purchase resulted in the parent being forced to buy a less enoyable gift for the same price since the console was sold out.

Sure, this last scenario might be very far-fetched, but why take the risk? I know I wouldn't.

What part of "Junior in a University" did you miss ;) I live off loans and work only 20 hours a week... which next semester I wont work at all.

As for wfz - No one is telling the people willing to spend their money on an item to spend it. There is no moral wrong here. The people who want one will eventually get one. The next year someone can get their Wii U for their birthday/christmas. This isn't going to be their only shot at getting one.

wfz said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

The idea here is that you are a completely unnecessary middle man, ripping the console away from the market only to offer it back at a higher price. You're giving no added value to the exchange.

It shows a lack of decency for your community/fellow humans. It really depends on your morals, though. If you see no issue with it, and you want to make a quick buck, then you are legally fully allowed to do such.

Thats the thing about markets, they are imperfect.  Him selling it on ebay will match some buyers price, it could be that Mom who promised her son that she would get one and increased her personal utility amount she was willing to pay to get it.  They both win in the end.

Thread title pretty self explanatory.

If the opportunity presents itself (buying a Wii U) should I get one for nothing other than selling on e-bay for profit?

I remember in 2006 Wii's selling at incredible prices because of Nintendo underestimating demand. I'm not sure if the Wii U will have similar demand though (due to supply constraints).

I'm not completely opposed to getting one eventually just not right now considering I'm in my Junior year at the University and I don't even play my Ps3 anymore.

Last year the Leap Pads were huge and going for ridiculous amounts on e-bay but I stocked the store shelves and could never get one due to them being sold out when i got off work.

The year before that I believe was the Rock n Roll Mickey and couldnt get one for the same problem.

This year I don't stock shelves during shipments and might be able to get one eventually. And I'm pretty sure the Wii U will be this years gift in high demand.

It's fine to do it, unless you tell people. Then you will go to hell and be raped by demons.

If you get it and want to sell it, do it. Nothing immoral about it if someone else willfully enters into the transaction with you whether it's at $300 or $1000.