By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does sony have a franchise that will sell the PS4 out of the gate

riderz13371 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

loldafuq then.....

btw shall i mention one of the main reasons why KZ has trouble hitting mass market appeal? It's name. No joke. 

oh and in thread I learned that GT is a niche title -_- good stuff

It's such an amazing franchise. I feel bad that all the hard work they put into that series and they still don't sell. Not to say that 2m+ is bad but it deserves so much more.

Love the franchise but they REALLY need to do better on their SP side of things. KZ3 was a mess imho for single player. Such an amazing universe/background to tell the story too but they are not capitalizing on it at all. THey can take some pointers for that from ND

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Forza didn't dent GT's sales though (which is what we were discussing). I mean, Killzone is an alternative to Halo and CoD, right?

Forza's collective sales for the 360 have been more than 10 mil. The problem with Killzone is that the Playstation is not a shooter console

M.U.G.E.N said:
riderz13371 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

loldafuq then.....

btw shall i mention one of the main reasons why KZ has trouble hitting mass market appeal? It's name. No joke. 

oh and in thread I learned that GT is a niche title -_- good stuff

It's such an amazing franchise. I feel bad that all the hard work they put into that series and they still don't sell. Not to say that 2m+ is bad but it deserves so much more.

Love the franchise but they REALLY need to do better on their SP side of things. KZ3 was a mess imho for single player. Such an amazing universe/background to tell the story too but they are not capitalizing on it at all. THey can take some pointers for that from ND

The cutscenes and the gameplay felt detached. They need to lengthen the cutscenes, and make it similar to the gameplay. That would keep the flow correct.

Also, those linear sections were boring. On-rails sections and stuff like that. The finale was good though. Remove all of that, remove that stupid vibrating screen when in the vehicles segments, and improve the story, and it has the chance at being as good, or even better than killzone 2 SP. I would say it would be one of the bests then.

The mp was good though. WIsh they did this really.

Forget the games, I'd buy a PS4 for PS+ alone :).

michael_stutzer said:
Forget the games, I'd buy a PS4 for PS+ alone :).

THIS. Free games FTW

Around the Network

If Uncharted couldn't sell Vita how could it sell PS4?

CGI-Quality said:

Forza didn't dent GT's sales though (which is what we were discussing). I mean, Killzone is an alternative to Halo and CoD, right? What difference has it made? Regardless of opinions, GT is bigger than Final Fantasy, and a much bigger seller of PlayStation systems. And no they shouldn't break their backs on a franchise that's losing steam, they should focus that energy on their own IPs (which thankfully, they have been).

I don't entirely agree with some of the notions here, FFXIII is one of my least favourite entries but it still sold a ton of copies (6.8m according to this site) and believe me the next main entry will do the same. Don't mistake not appealing to you or me as losing steam because I'll bet money that FFXV will get people hyped regardless of XIII, GT ain't bigger then FF, it may be more important to Sony but it's not bigger then FF very few games are trust me.

CGI-Quality said:
melbye said:

So the success of Uncharted should be measured by how many Vita's it didn't sell? Not sure how that works.

How much advertising did that vita Uncharted get anyway? I would bet a PS4 Uncharted would get 10 times as much marketing.

edit : Because then it would be made by ND of course.

melbye said:

Console =/= handheld?

I would totally buy a PS4 for U4. I have no interest in handhelds.

melbye said:

Who said it didn't sell Vita? I bet if it wasn't on it it'd be in an even worse position. I know I bought a Vita for it, and it's the best selling game on it so far.

PS3 received boosts with UC2 and UC3's release (something like 25%), and their bundles do very very well.