Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 46- M-create - Famitsu

Conegamer said:
outlawauron said:
VicViper said:

(Media Create 2011-08-01)
3DS week before price cut - 4,132

(Media Create - 2011-11-05)

Vita - 4,021

Yeah, this is getting pretty ridiculous.

I imagine that's a typo on the dates, but still really interesting regardless. Never realize how the situtations were similar in the lowest times.

They aren't that similar; the 3DS' second worst week was 7k I believe, and only a few weeks were below 10k.

17k. And that's the week before the week before the price cut.

Around the Network
VicViper said:
Conegamer said:
outlawauron said:
VicViper said:

Vita - 4,021

I imagine that's a typo on the dates, but still really interesting regardless. Never realize how the situtations were similar in the lowest times.

They aren't that similar; the 3DS' second worst week was 7k I believe, and only a few weeks were below 10k.

Nah it wasn't as high as 17k I don't think...it went lower.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
VicViper said:
Conegamer said:
outlawauron said:
VicViper said:

Vita - 4,021

16,4k to be precise

http://garaph.info/besttoworst.php?sys=3DS&gr=sn&tra=mc

VicViper said:
Conegamer said:
VicViper said:
Conegamer said:
outlawauron said:
VicViper said:

Vita - 4,021

16,4k to be precise

http://garaph.info/besttoworst.php?sys=3DS&gr=sn&tra=mc

Well there you go I guess. The Vita is most certainly in a worse situation than the 3DS then, but I think everyone knew that. A similar table for the Vita would be interesting, and infact here it is:

http://garaph.info/besttoworst.php?sys=PSV&gr=&tra=

If my maths is correct, the Vita has only had 10 weeks higher than the 3DS' second worst week. And that includes launch, holidays etc. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Expected drop from Xillia, Namco is expecting way too much from that title. It won't even get to 500k by financial year's end.

Wining Eleven on the 3DS already out of the top 20, I was hoping it could've stay there one more week.

I was quite conservative with my 3DS hw prediction (150K). Nothing new can be said about AC or PSV.

In two weeks, after the new psv colours effect have faded I'll ask permission again to call it the Mortis.

EDIT: Wondering if it's only me, but I can't see Famitsu SW.

Around the Network

Sony has long since passed the appropriate time to cut the price and try to improve the situation with Vita. Every week that goes by where the system is under-performing at this magnitude, the reputation of the system as a market failure becomes more and more pronounced.

Iwata's story about the GameCube is very relatable to Sony's with the Vita. Iwata said the company missed a point in the GameCube's early days on the market to cut the price and improve sales momentum, and they failed to do so. The result was that the GameCube suffered not only in poorer than expected sales but also the image of being an unsuccessful system, which led to poor third-party support as well as less retail space.

Sony is doing all the wrong things with the Vita. Not cutting price and continuing to pretend things will improve with rushed console ports is akin to driving a stake through the heart. Vita is done, as far as I can see.

RolStoppable said:
outlawauron said:
VicViper said:

Vita - 4,021

Ignore Conegamer and listen to me.

The situations weren't similar, because the 3DS's lowest weeks happened between the official announcement of a price drop and the price drop taking effect. The 3DS number dropped to rock bottom, only because it was widely known that the device was going to be 10,000 yen cheaper in the following week.

So the 3DS's lowest weeks happened during exceptional times while Vita's numbers are the normal.

But most importantly, don't forget to make your picks for Week 11.

Well, we know that sales will likely pick up over 10k for a couple of weeks with the new colors. You'd hope holiday boost kicks in and keeps it above 10k till late January when Soul Sacrifice releases.

And yes, i'll go make my picks.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Well, we know that sales will likely pick up over 10k for a couple of weeks with the new colors. You'd hope holiday boost kicks in and keeps it above 10k till late January when Soul Sacrifice releases.

Soul Sacrifice is April-June - or even May-July, as spring begins in late April to early may in Japan ( It begins from 29th of April to 5th of May. ) and the game is "Spring 2013"

Anybody still thinking that Bioshock will grace the Vita? It was pretty much the game that sold me on the Vita but I have made peace now, no hard feelings. I will still end up with 11 games when the system is dead so I guess it was worth it anyway.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

VicViper said:
outlawauron said:

Soul Sacrifice is April-June - or even May-July, as spring begins in late April to early may in Japan ( It begins from 29th of April to 5th of May. ) and the game is "Spring 2013"

I always thought it was going to release in the Winter 2013 slot (meaning Jan/Feb). Didn't see that it got formally pushed back.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.