By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 46- M-create - Famitsu

My word. What insanity from the 3DS-AC combo! Higher than my prediction HW-wise, but spot on SW wise pretty much!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Nice 3DS sales!

lol Wii and 360

Vita keeps on going down!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

MC really needs to start tracking download cards. It's pretty ridiculous that they don't and leaves so many units unaccounted for.

Animal Crossing and the 3DS did better than expected and being honest with the difference in hardware sales between the 3DS and the Vita is almost impossible to think of a comeback and less so when it depends on Sony own games

46,5:1

If you were a developer, which console would you develop for?

Around the Network

Pretty dire vita sales but with no change in Sony's strategy in getting new software or an attractive price, this is the outcome. The 3DS is the only bright spot in the Japanese gaming scene.

Train wreck said:
Pretty dire vita sales but with no change in Sony's strategy in getting new software or an attractive price, this is the outcome. The 3DS is the only bright spot in the Japanese gaming scene.

Sony's strategy=Train wreck

pezus said:
Kenology said:
MC really needs to start tracking download cards. It's pretty ridiculous that they don't and leaves so many units unaccounted for.

Just like NPD not counting downloads or pretty much anyone. I don't think they'll do it soon unfortunately.

Not even.  im not expecting MC/Famitsu to track eShop sales (or PSN sales), expecting them to track download cards which are shipped to retailers and sold in stores and can easily be tracked just like any other piece of softwate printed on a cartridge.  Not really the same thing.  

I expect them to start tracking them eventually.

kowenicki said:
Vita should get some good news at least. I'm expecting a hefty boost for Vita in Europe this week. The advertising has been intense for the last few weeks.

The advertising has been heavy; but like you say it has been for the past few weeks. Any increase will be slight and likely no larger than you average holiday boost.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I also think that Vita still has a chance in the west but Japan is lost. Maybe Sony acknowledges this with bringing PS+ to europe and the US but leaving Japan out.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.