By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: Where Is the Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified Review?

$50 price tag doesn't help either. Game is incredibly overpriced.

Sony botched a good opportunity here. What possessed anyone to choose Nihilistic?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

They killed off the chance of any future Resistance sequels by tarnishing the name and botched Sony's best chance for the Vita not to die this holiday with a mediocre CoD. Nihlistic truly lived up to their namesake. Luckily Persona 4 Golden turned out good and has more pre-orders than both CoD and AC, but the Vita needed more than that.

JoeTheBro said:

Looks fun

The graphics aren't half bad. Considering the Wii got full ports of prior CoDs i see no reason why the Vita got such a barebones exclusive. I think most would have preferred a port for once in this instance.

Panama said:
They killed off the chance of any future Resistance sequels by tarnishing the name and botched Sony's best chance for the Vita not to die this holiday with a mediocre CoD. Nihlistic truly lived up to their namesake. Luckily Persona 4 Golden turned out good and has more pre-orders than both CoD and AC, but the Vita needed more than that.

From what I understand, AC Liberation is still a good game, just not the must-have title the Vita needed.

I'm getting a bad feeling about how well the critical reviews are going to go for this one. It seems ironic that the handheld that is designed best for first person shooters is not doing so well in that department. Unfortunately another series of bad-to-mediocre reviews for another big-name Vita title will just serve to drive any further developer interest away.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Panama said:

From what I understand, AC Liberation is still a good game, just not the must-have title the Vita needed.

The problem is people seem to have this idea that the PSV is a portable PS3. The fact you have cross buy games and the ads claiming its console gaming on the go isn't helping. My brother was quite disappointed when he saw how small in scope Liberation was compared to AC3. Still, I believe the Vita can output console quality as LBP Vita is arguably the best entry in the series and is very nice to look at and BlazBlue and SFxT were excellent 1:1 ports managing to hit a consistent 60fps.

pezus said:
Panama said:
pezus said:
What I want to know if they butchered the PC version or not. I guess you can't trust reviewers to do something as basic as that nowadays

It's really well optimized, the engine supposedly utilizes DX11 and I'll admit it's rather pretty for such an old engine. Even the more run down looking environments will have vivid colors as opposed to an overall saturated grey overtone. The net code so far has been very functional and when I die I feel as though I have been outplayed like with MW1 and Blops, unlike in MW2 and 3. Unfortunately no custom dedicated servers, but that's been known for a while and it has matchmaking dedicated servers provided by Treyarch. Nuketown has been made a 24/7 playlist of its own so people don't vote for it all day. The betting modes like Gun Game have been relegated to a party playlist, unsure how that works as of yet.

I think the only concern is the amount of players. Numbers seem to have dwindled greatly in comparison to last years release and not many have moved on from MW3. Might want to take that into consideration before buying.

Thanks, good to hear. I'm sure it'll pick up in terms of players. After all, it only came out today and there are already 50k people playing at the same time.

Found a more in depth look at the PC version. They seem happy with it.

http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/call-of-duty-2012/1226657p1.html

I didn't buy a vita for Cod but it looks fun enough and I want games I can play in short bursts or though the price tag is way to high atm.

Panama said:

The problem is people seem to have this idea that the PSV is a portable PS3. The fact you have cross buy games and the ads claiming its console gaming on the go isn't helping. My brother was quite disappointed when he saw how small in scope Liberation was compared to AC3. Still, I believe the Vita can output console quality as LBP Vita is arguably the best entry in the series and is very nice to look at and BlazBlue and SFxT were excellent 1:1 ports managing to hit a consistent 60fps.

I think it's fair to compare PSV games to PS3 games. The major difference between portable gaming and console gaming shouldn't be in the amount of content, but in the presentation of the content. If Sony thinks that their console being a graphical powerhouse of a portable with dual analog sticks is what makes it able to provide "console gaming on the go," then they're missing the point of console gaming. That whole selling point should've been put to rest the first time someone mentioned A Link to the Past for GBA, a bonafide console game "on the go."

Vita games don't have to compete graphically with their console counterparts, but they should be able to compete in content. One of the reasons LBP Vita has been so critically acclaimed is because it offers an astounding amount of content, not "for a portable," but in general. Vita is not alone in being kept to this standard. Mario Kart 7 was criticized for having less content than the Wii iteration.

A great example of what I'm trying to articulate is Kid Icarus: Uprising. The game packed in loads of content, as much as you'd expect from a console action game and then some, and then some more, and then a LOT more. But the game presents most of its content in an episodic format, perfect for short sessions, befitting a portable game. It's not "console gaming on the go," but it is held to the same standards as console games in many ways.

So basically, the developers of games like ACL should strive to load it up with as much content as a console game. The graphics should take a back seat to the content, not the other way around. Customers are paying almost the same price, after all; they have a right to expect the game to last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTqVVbbwE2U

This guy likes it lol