By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii U Will Sell Out, Sell Faster Than Wii (during first holiday season)

I think it will sell between 50 and 150 million depending on how awesome the tablet controller is.

Around the Network

I think this is a sound argument. Problem is if Nintendo can keep the momentum after the holidays and keep it perpetually sold out while MSony start to unveil their next consoles.

Awww only 55 million projected after 4 years...bummer.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

superchunk said:
I think this is a sound argument. Problem is if Nintendo can keep the momentum after the holidays and keep it perpetually sold out while MSony start to unveil their next consoles.

Yea that 350 price points probobly doesn't look that attractive in january/february.Luckily the 300 base model should still do well

5.5-6 million sold through the first March is basically the standard for any Nintendo console.

They forecast 6 million for the GameCube through March 2002 (though they failed), and a similar number for Wii through March 2007 (they hit it).

I think Wii U will have a good first holiday season and a solid first year with some ups and down, but I'm not sure if this is a platform built for a 5+ year life cycle. I think it will start to fade by about year 3.

Around the Network
Chandler said:

After 4 years:

X360 - 36 million
PS3 - 46 million

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Chandler said:

After 4 years:

X360 - 36 million
PS3 - 46 million

I used sarcasm on you. It was very effective ;P

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Viper1 said:
Chandler said:

After 4 years:

X360 - 36 million
PS3 - 46 million

The only thing is I don't expect the Wii U to have the strong second half life cycle sales. 360/PS3 were really cutting edge product for the time they launched in, lending themselves to a very long life cycle.

Chandler said:
Viper1 said:
Chandler said:

After 4 years:

X360 - 36 million
PS3 - 46 million

I know it was sarcasm.  I threw those numbers out there just for comparison for those that were going to ask.   Because at some point, someone always asks.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Chandler said:
Viper1 said:
Chandler said:

After 4 years:

X360 - 36 million
PS3 - 46 million

I know it was sarcasm.  I threw those numbers out there just for comparison for those that were going to ask.   Because at some point, someone always asks.