By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Animal Crossing New Leaf Sold Out, Over 200k in Digital Sales!

VGKing said:
noname2200 said:
VGKing said:

It means that Nintendo has the weakest online infrastructure, so 200k digital sales for any game is impossible.

VGKing said:

No, I have no idea how much traffic Nintendo's servers can handle. 

@bold
Are you being serious here? The 3DS isn't exactly known for its digital content. I can assure you this wont' be a problem.

I must say, your ignorance is pretty astonishing. I'd suggest taking steps to remedy this, but my guess is that this ignorance is largely willful.

You obviously misunderstood. By "online infrastructure" I mean their eShop as a whole being weak/primitive compared to the competition. I wasn't talking about their servers, but as long as we're on the topic, at the moment, I don't think their servers could hold up very well if there was enough demand for digital content on their systems. This is all just speculation of course. I have no insisde info. This is just an educated guess, so take it with a grain of salt.

VGKing said:

It means that Nintendo has the weakest online infrastructure, so 200k digital sales for any game is impossible.

So you actually mean that the eshop is so poorly laid out that it would be impossible for 200,000 people to find the game there?

This is getting more confusing by the post.

Time to stop digging the hole you are in, put that shovel down, and admit that you have a neurological condition that leads you to post negative information in nintendo threads. It's okay, take a deep breath and start the self healing process.

Around the Network

Wow incredible feat! Never thought it would sell that much on eShop! Even VGKing was not predicting that much units shifted digitally...

VGKing said:
noname2200 said:
VGKing said:

VGKing said:

No, I have no idea how much traffic Nintendo's servers can handle. 

@bold
Are you being serious here? The 3DS isn't exactly known for its digital content. I can assure you this wont' be a problem.

I must say, your ignorance is pretty astonishing. I'd suggest taking steps to remedy this, but my guess is that this ignorance is largely willful.

You obviously misunderstood. By "online infrastructure" I mean their eShop as a whole being weak/primitive compared to the competition. I wasn't talking about their servers, but as long as we're on the topic, at the moment, I don't think their servers could hold up very well if there was enough demand for digital content on their systems. This is all just speculation of course. I have no insisde info. This is just an educated guess, so take it with a grain of salt.

Would you mind retracting on your comments? This is getting more and more confusing. Animal Crossing sold 200k on the eShop so severs can handle all the overwhelming demand. You were wrong, get over it and stop bashing Nintendo.

Wow,It's a great title that one would always want on the go

Kresnik said:
Impressive, even after the performance on COMG.

While I tired of Animal Crossing a little after the Wii entry, it's a great franchise to have on the go. Congrats to it on the sales!

You should maybe look into this one though.  They did change it up decently with you being the mayor and added back the island (GCN had one if you had the GBA adapter) and a few other things (like being able to swim, etc).

Around the Network

Quite a feat for Nintendo, never thought Animal Crossing would be this big, it's definitly news to me now!
And blimey on the digital downloads! Who would've thought! O.0

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I am amazed at the number of downloads! Just amazing!
Never thought download would really have that kind of impact. Btw, the cards seem to be a great idea by Nintendo. That way, retailers are still relevant.

Just wanting to be sure: the report speaks of retail copies and physical downloads - so to speak. But that number could be a little bigger if we count those who really just downloaded from the eshop and did not bought a card to do so, right? Or is download just an option if you buy the card?

TripleMMM said:
Quite a feat for Nintendo, never thought Animal Crossing would be this big, it's definitly news to me now!
And blimey on the digital downloads! Who would've thought! O.0

Animal Crossing is a beast on handhelds.

1 Animal Crossing: Wild World DS 2005 Simulation Nintendo 2.43 3.22 5.33 0.83 11.81
2 Animal Crossing: City Folk Wii 2008 Simulation Nintendo 1.77 0.98 1.32 0.34 4.41
3 Animal Crossing GC 2001 Simulation Nintendo 1.92 0.16 0.99 0.09 3.15

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

DélioPT said:

Just wanting to be sure: the report speaks of retail copies and physical downloads - so to speak. But that number could be a little bigger if we count those who really just downloaded from the eshop and did not bought a card to do so, right?

That is correct. Although I do not expect that to have been an astronomical number, seeing NSMB 2's eShop performance.

noname2200 said:
DélioPT said:

Just wanting to be sure: the report speaks of retail copies and physical downloads - so to speak. But that number could be a little bigger if we count those who really just downloaded from the eshop and did not bought a card to do so, right?

That is correct. Although I do not expect that to have been an astronomical number, seeing NSMB 2's eShop performance.

Thanks for confirming it!
I`m not expecting it to relevant, seeing how DL numbers are already so big, but still, it could add up some more copies! :D