By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Kresnik said:

#39 - Gregory Horror Show (PS2)

The clues were there, I swear!  Since no-one guessed it, I'll just do a little explanation of what this game is and why it's so awesome.

You play as a boy who stumbles across a creepy hotel in the middle of the night.  In order to escape, you have to collect the souls of the 12 other guests, which involves spying on them through keyholes, learning their routines and catching them when their guard is down.  Once you've stolen a guest's soul they'll chase you whenever they see you making the game increasingly more challenging.  Guests include Catherine the Nurse, equipped with a giant syringe to draw your blood; Mummy Papa, a hypochondriac dog with an axe in his head and Neko Zombie, a cat with his eyes, mouth and ears stitched shut.

Honestly, it's the weirdest survival horror game I've ever played.  And it's genuinely terrifying.

Clue for my #38 - Tim Curry, JK Simmons & George Takei ham it up in the live-action cutscenes for this game from a long-established gaming series.

Whatever this game is, I want it :)

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

#39 - Gregory Horror Show (PS2)

The clues were there, I swear!  Since no-one guessed it, I'll just do a little explanation of what this game is and why it's so awesome.

You play as a boy who stumbles across a creepy hotel in the middle of the night.  In order to escape, you have to collect the souls of the 12 other guests, which involves spying on them through keyholes, learning their routines and catching them when their guard is down.  Once you've stolen a guest's soul they'll chase you whenever they see you making the game increasingly more challenging.  Guests include Catherine the Nurse, equipped with a giant syringe to draw your blood; Mummy Papa, a hypochondriac dog with an axe in his head and Neko Zombie, a cat with his eyes, mouth and ears stitched shut.

Honestly, it's the weirdest survival horror game I've ever played.  And it's genuinely terrifying.

Clue for my #38 - Tim Curry, JK Simmons & George Takei ham it up in the live-action cutscenes for this game from a long-established gaming series.

I've never heard of Horror show game but it sounds mighty fun

Also for #38 Red Alert 3?

green_sky said:

Also for #38 Red Alert 3?

Spot on :)

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Whatever this game is, I want it :)

And I will go through all the other reasons of why this game is super-awesome tomorrow!

KylieDog said:

My 39 (which I post in a few hours I know I'm late): Features Dinosaurs in the world, the main player character can find items to make them stronger or to help kill with.

Super Mario Wold?

Around the Network

#40. Super Mario Kart (SNES)

This was one of the first game I got with my snes (I bought the console used with a bunch of games), and it was the only one I actually played. The other ones were just licenced junk. The game was a blast to play. I even saved up to buy a second controller just for this game, so that me and my bro could play multiplayer. Good times.

#39. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (PS3 - Also on: everything else)

I love Pac-Man in general, and always look to see if he's on whatever platform I have. This game, however, was special. I'd never played Pac-Man like that before, it was a blast to play, so much fun. Best part was beating each other's high scores. Even without competing the game is super fun. I'd recommend this version to all Pac-Man fans.

39. Trine (PS3)

Trine is a puzzle platformer where you can control a thief, a knight, and a wizard, with the ability to swap between characters at any moment in order to use that characters special abilities to traverse whatever obstacle has been placed in front of you. The platforming is a little floaty, which stops it from being further up the list, but it's still a great game, and it's also incredibly beautiful as well, with some of the best uses of colour I've ever seen in a game. It's just a shame they had to fuck up the sequel...

Game 38 is a game from the mid 90s that will have a sequel in the future thanks to Kickstarter.

VGChartz

#38 is from a famous, and long running, arcade racing series. It has the same name as an older entry in the same series.

40. Diablo II (+ Lord of Destruction) (PC) - Just addictive! :)

39. inFamous (PS3) - At first I hadn't even been interested in that game, but after watching (one of) the last trailers and playing the demo I immediatly bought it day-one.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3