By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

#47. SBCG4AP (Wii, 2008)

Gonna be lazy again and use last year's description since it holds up again.

My god is this game fan service in its purest form. It gives all its fans what they have always wanted and more. It's so hilarious and while some episodes are more funny than others, it just shows me how much I love the homestar series. If they ever make a second season (I really hope they do) I'm buying them all the days they come out.

That last sentence makes me sad since it will never happen. :*(

#46 hint: Even though this game trips in some places, it is still an amazing fighter.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network
turtuls said:

#47. SBCG4AP (Wii, 2008)

My god is this game fan service in its purest form. It gives all its fans what they have always wanted and more. It's so hilarious and while some episodes are more funny than others, it just shows me how much I love the homestar series. If they ever make a second season (I really hope they do) I'm buying them all the days they come out.

#46 hint: Even though this game trips in some places, it is still an amazing fighter.

BRAWL

miz1q2w3e said:
turtuls said:

#47. SBCG4AP (Wii, 2008)

BRAWL

Damn, 5 mins. I knew I made that hint easy.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Here it is, nobody guessed it and that's because I'm the Master of Riddles (or nobody bothered but I'm going with Master of Riddles!)

#47. Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)

At first I bought this game because it had Final Fantasy in the title and was a little unsettled by the combat system. It felt a bit like playing chess, it was different from what I was expecting but it was rather fun. Then before I knew it, I had put in close to a 100 hours into the game, exploring the many different jobs for my characters, battling Zodiac inspired bosses, getting killed many many times, trying to follow the many twists and turns of the story. Don't ask me what the story is about, I only remember that Delita is an asshole and that Orlandu kicks ass.

The game was much more difficult than any other Final Fantasy and I really enjoyed that. I even almost thought I was going to have start over at one point because I had saved right before Velius and he was kicking my ass over and over and over again but with careful fine tuning of my team and a bit  of luck I managed to pull through.

Signature goes here!

#46 Hint: Shooting the truck's tires would have been a much simpler solution to this game's premise but it would have been much less fun.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

46: The best game based on a comic ever. An awful, awful comic story, but an amazing game.

Comix Zone for the Genesis?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

axumblade said:
KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:

46: The best game based on a comic ever. An awful, awful comic story, but an amazing game.

Comix Zone for the Genesis?

That game is awful.

Take it back! That game was amazing!

Was it.....Spiderman: Maximum Carnage?

Comix zone was one of the original Dark souls games... a game that was hard just for the sake of being hard. So many places in Comix Zone that just killed you unless you had played previously and knew what was going to kill you on top of that you get one life.... no thanks.

Edit My 46 is a Great shooter than spawned into a load of odd spin off games and tactics games but only the original had a promo pic that had characters with their lower legs cut off! HORRIFYING.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

47. Final Fantasy XIII (2009)

Dropping from 29 because it didn't hold up as well in my memory as I'd hoped; Final Fantasy XIII makes up for its lackluster story and sidequests with an interesting new battle system.  Instead of the focus being on selecting individual commands, the choice is which set of roles to prepare and when to switch to a particular set of roles.  If you don't fully understand and capitalize on how to combine paradigms and affect the stagger gauge you'll miss out on the surprising depth of strategy available in a battle system where you spend most of your time choosing the auto command.  Understanding what cues to take from the enemy is important to knowing which paradigm you should use at any given time.  I actually liked the doom counters in boss fights because they kept you aiming for time-efficient ways to win the fight.  This was only made possible because of the wonderful ability to immediately retry fights if you lost and not having to worry about when you loast saved as long as you were planning to keep playing.  Keeping the monsters visible on the overworld map has grown on me since I don't have the same patience for trudging through and area as I used to when the feature annoyed me in XII.  The battles are much more interesting than in many JRPG because your whole skillset is available to you since you don't have to worry about saving resources for your next fight.

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

My 46th is Gran Turismo 4. A very fun game back in when I used to play the PS2 with my brother.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

46. Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (PSN) - It's simply Pac-Man, but better than ever! :D

I probably won't be able to post during the next two days, so I'll post 3 games at once on monday.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3