By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

AlphaCielago said:

Have you finished tallying the votes? I'm asking since it does sound like you have. 

Besides that I thank you for arranging this event. I have enjoyed doing my list very much and watching lists from other people.

Well PavoLink just submitted his complete list... so we've come to the following:

69 Unique Lists

1081 Unique Games

Right now I'm waiting on SnakeDrake before I start putting everything together.

And you're very welcome! It's a lot of fun talking about the games that make us the gamers we are today. :D

Around the Network

Games that should have made my list this round and will likely change if I do this next year.

Bioshock 2. I personally liked it over Bioshock.
Lollipop Chainsaw. I can't BELIEVE I forgot about this game.
Ghouls and Goblins. Probably the only SEGA game I ever liked.
Roller Coaster Tycoon was my number 50 in my initial list.

Final Fantasy XIII. That game should be banned from this thread. Actually, the people who voted it should be banned too. Yes, ban outlawauron >:3

Anyone with a PS360 needs to go out and play Catherine so it will instantly be in their top 50.

Knuckles looks like a constipated jester with marshmallow hands.

I have a weird habit of liking sequels more than predecessors. While games like Alundra and Chrono Trigger won't be far off from my top 50, you can see Alundra 2 and Chrono Cross among my all time favorites. As mentioned, I like Bioshock 2 much more than the original.

One of my most hated games that I saw on many lists is Donkey Kong. I have nothing but painful childhood memories for that game in the snes era. It was hard. I played the Wii one, and they didn't change the level of difficulty I see. Also, having played many hours of Fallout and Oblivion, I think I've owned the right to say I hate Bethesda.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I took the liberty of stealing a bunch of you guys' top games and adding them to my "gotta play" list. Hope you don't mind ;)

People with FFXIII in their top 50 get higher priority in the list.

miz1q2w3e said:
I took the liberty of stealing a bunch of you guys' top games and adding them to my "gotta play" list. Hope you don't mind ;)

absolutely done the first part of this... burned the lists referenced in the 2nd part of this. Some people have lists made almost entirely of games I've not touched on what with not being a big fan of PC gaming but Imma be keeping an eye out for some of those top end games to try out soon.

Awesome run thread(s) tho Smeags was really cool to see where some of the members had come from in terms of gaming history, thank you for running it and sorry for all the poking of slowpokes you had to do :)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

miz1q2w3e said:

Where's your "gotta play" list?!

Around the Network

# of Users who Participated:

2010: 26
2011: 46 (+20)
2012: 71 (+25)

Now back to tallying. ^_^

Boutros said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Funny you should ask, you inspired it lol. See, for most of the games in your top 50, I either played and loved, or never played at all (never owned the console, never heard of it...etc). I was serious about the "people with FFXIII in their top 50" thing, they obviously have good taste ;o

Some of the games recently added:
Final Fantasy X
Killer 7
Lollipop Chainsaw

I'm really looking forward to the FFX remake, so I can play it in HD.

miz1q2w3e said:
Boutros said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Funny you should ask, you inspired it lol. See, for most of the games in your top 50, I either played and loved, or never played at all (never owned the console, never heard of it...etc). I was serious about the "people with FFXIII in their top 50" thing, they obviously have good taste ;o

Some of the games recently added:
Final Fantasy X
Killer 7
Lollipop Chainsaw

I'm really looking forward to the FFX remake, so I can play it in HD.

Nice! I wish we could see Dark Cloud 2 in HD!! You'd love it I'm sure!

Just waiting for SnakeDrake to finish now (He just needs his final 5 games! Someone bug him to finish! ). Other than I have all the data in...

While we're waiting, I guess I'll add that this year, it'll be a list of gamrConnect's top 250 games! Continue the tradition of increasing it by 50. ^_~

Oh, and I can give you guys a sneak peak by revealing how each series competed against itself (like how Final Fantasy games did against each other, etc.). Ask away!

Smeags said:

Just waiting for SnakeDrake to finish now (He just needs his final 5 games! Someone bug him to finish! ). Other than I have all the data in...

While we're waiting, I guess I'll add that this year, it'll be a list of gamrConnect's top 250 games! Continue the tradition of increasing it by 50. ^_~

Oh, and I can give you guys a sneak peak by revealing how each series competed against itself (like how Final Fantasy games did against each other, etc.). Ask away!

How did FFXIII do compared to others? *-*

Also, caught you, not stealthy enough