By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

TruckOSaurus said:
Kresnik said:
Clue for my #01 - The answer has been right in front of you all since I signed up for this forum! :P

Spyro the Dragon?

But which one!

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Kresnik said:
Clue for my #01 - The answer has been right in front of you all since I signed up for this forum! :P

Spyro the Dragon?

But which one!

The first one?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

The first one?

Noes!  Look closer!  Think harder!  :P

#2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)

The time-travelling RPG Chrono Trigger gets position number 2 for me. With a limited cast of 6 main characters (or 7 if you wanna count Magus) you are treated to a fun, quirky and great story. The game's combat system with it's Dual Techs and Triple Techs encourages mixing up the members of your team to discover new combinaison.

The "New Game +" option really adds to the game's replay value since you can replay the whole game with all the items and levels you've acquired in your previous game and you can face off against Lavos at any point during the story. Doing so gives you a different ending each time. If my memory serves me right, there's 16 different endings to this game and I've seen them all.

Signature goes here!

Kresnik said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Kresnik said:

Spyro the Dragon?

But which one!

Oh oh. Year of the dragon. Take that skyrim and dark souls. You lost to a purple dragon.

Around the Network
green_sky said:

Oh oh. Year of the dragon. Take that skyrim and dark souls. You lost to a purple dragon.

Yayyyy Green_Sky! :)

(I tried to find a picture of Spyro doing a thumbs up to post here, but I couldn't)

Kresnik said:
green_sky said:

Yayyyy Green_Sky! :)

(I tried to find a picture of Spyro doing a thumbs up to post here, but I couldn't)

I need to check out Crack in Time and Spyro and you need to play Uncharted 2/3. We'll call it even.

3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the first ever direct sequel to a 3D Mario game. At the time of its announcement, many feared that it could just be Super Mario Galaxy 1.5, but those fears turned out to be ill-founded. It takes everything that was great about the first Galaxy game and then makes it better, which may have seemed impossible when Galaxy was first released, but was something that Nintendo somehow managed to achieve. Once again, the level design was superior to anything else available elsewhere, the physics were top notch, and the overall experience was one full of joy. That's why we play games, and that's why this is one of my all time favourites.

VGChartz

#2: Sonic & Knuckles (1994)
Last Year: 2

On a good day, this game could be my #1 game of all time. Honestly, what keeps Sonic & Knuckles from being my favorite ever is pretty much a coin toss when I initially made the list. So as you can see, it lost that particular coin toss. But as for the game itself, there's not enough praise I can heap upon this masterpiece of platforming. Tight, responsive controls, gorgeous 2D-Sprite graphics, amazing music (Sky Sanctuary Zone... love it!), a simple yet involving story that's told within the game and never gets in the way of the player, and the ability to use the Lock-On feature to play as Knuckles in Sonic 2 and Sonic 3. As you can tell from my avatar (and sig for that matter), the Sonic the Hedgehog series was my first gaming love, and Sonic & Knuckles is the pinnacle of that series. What an incredible game.

Hint for #1:

It's Smeags' favorite game ever. Duh!

(Another hint)

The final level requires you to master all of your skills you've come across during your adventure. This one is the grand daddy of them all!