By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Michael-5 said:
S.Peelman said:
shogia said:
S.Peelman said:

#4 - ?

This game is usually overshadowed by it's very well known spiritual predecessor. Maybe it's the slight 'childish' look of the game...

Chrono Cross?

Nope. Good guess though! Could've been it.

The game I'm looking for is however on Chrono Cross's predecessor's original console.

No that's impossible, every game has it's best iteration on the SNES

Unless the predecessor is also a SNES game, in that sense, Yoshi's Island!

However, IMO Yoshi's Story is a much better game.

And also correct!

I haven't played much of Yoshi's Story, but I'm sure it is indeed a lof fun to play.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

I'm going to be busy the next few days, so I'll leave hints for you to guess at.

4. Best RPG Square Enix has ever made, which is their own IP, not a Final Fantasy game.

3. The Best RPG ever made. A joint colaboration between two companies which hasn't been seen since, and the traditional villain of the series is only the first boss, then later an ally.

2. Best racing game ever made. I see this one on most of your lists. Introduces this new blue spikey thing.

1. Best party game of all time. Sequel to the controller busting iteration.

4. Taking a stab at Chrono Trigger

3. Super Mario RPG

2. Mario Kart 64

1. Taking a stab at Super Smash Bros Brawl

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Michael-5 said:

I'm going to be busy the next few days, so I'll leave hints for you to guess at.

4. Best RPG Square Enix has ever made, which is their own IP, not a Final Fantasy game.

3. The Best RPG ever made. A joint colaboration between two companies which hasn't been seen since, and the traditional villain of the series is only the first boss, then later an ally.

2. Best racing game ever made. I see this one on most of your lists. Introduces this new blue spikey thing.

4. Chrono Trigger? I'm thinking you're not counting the Secret of... series, because those are Final Fantasy spin-offs.

3. ehm...

2. Mario Kart 64, Blue shell was first in 64.

1. Mario Party 2? If Mario Party 1 is the 'controller busting iteration', which it was. This would win the originality prize as a 'Best Game ever' though. I agree though, MP2 is best of the series.

EDIT: Half-Ninja'd

Michael-5 said:

4. Secret of Mana?

3. Super Mario RPG

2. Mario Kart 64

1. Mario Party 2

4th -

Super Mario Sunshine have always been my favorite Mario game, since I played it. What makes it or brake it, is how you feel about the Water Jetpack/gun/missile/rocket. I personally loved this new mechanic as I say little fault within it. It had a great use for travelling faster and it gave more options to come to your select destination. Besides this new mechanic, I liked that Nintendo kept the open worlds, like in Mario 64 and the "secret" levels were also neatly done. Of course this game is not without its flwas, like for example the camera and Yoshi were poorly handeled. 

Besides what I wrote there is nothing more to say about this title except that it has given me alot of joy through the years. I hope that anyone that will play this title in the future will enjoy it.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

Hint 3 -
This title uses an akward scene with akward laughs... for a good moment.

AlphaCielago said:
Hint 3 -

FFX?

green_sky said:
AlphaCielago said:
Hint 3 -

FFX?

Yes, it's Final Fantasy X.

AlphaCielago said:
green_sky said:
AlphaCielago said:
Hint 3 -

FFX?

Yes, it's Final Fantasy X.

People need to get a different clue for Final Fantasy X <_>. The laughing is the one thing a lot of gamers know.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

7)  Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) - Guessed by AlphaCielago. I played this game in its hd iteration and years later than it first came out. Not much has lost or surpassed the kind of overwhelming feeling you get as approach each othe colossi. The game level design takes minimalistic approach by stripping of random generic enemies and this gives the player of loneliness in a vast mysterious world. The character design is some of best. The different emotive expressions on each of the colossi is something which is hard to forget. It truly is a masterpiece and a game to be played every once in a while. 

6) Jade Empire (XBOX) - Guessed by Mr. Khan. Microsoft pretty much gave up on the original xbox after they rushed and released Halo 2. I felt abandoned that my year old purchase would go to waste. Thankfully the master storytellers at Bioware came to the rescue with a accessible action RPG. I loved the easy to follow and yet deep combat, the ancient china inspired setting and the colourful characters in this semi choose your adventure game. One of the few games i played twice in my life. It really was a great experience.

5) COD: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) - Guessed by Mr. Khan. I was not really familiar with COD franchise or games before i bought this game out of sheer hype exploding on the internetz. So this was my first call of duty and modern warfare game. I did went back to play its prequel later to understand where the hype came from. The story was bit of a mess and i had to read up on it to even understand what was going on. The gameplay is where this game shines. This is barely anything that felt this smooth and it looked mightly good too. To this day it looks better to my eyes than Black Ops 1 and MW3 but that could just be because my eyes were getting its initial dose of HD. Also it became my first serious multiplayer game as i logged in over 600 hours into its multiplayer. I doubt that feat is going to be matched any time soon. 

Hints:

4) Turn of the century tale of a cowboy in an open ended world.

3) The pioneer of the 2d platformers and launch game of the most famous character ever.

2) Any mention of this game's developer leads to people asking for this game's sequel. 

1) Highest rated playstation exclusive this generation.