By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

I have a few to catch up on:

13. Banjo-Kazooie

12. Super Mario Bros. 3

11. StarCraft

Clue for #10:

The name of the protagonist is in the title, but it doesn't refer directly to him.

Around the Network
green_sky said:
miz1q2w3e said:
Clue for #12: The first 3D game from a previously 2D only series. It later got a remake/port on a certain dual screened handheld.

Mario 64/Zelda OOT? Going with two

You are correct, but only half a point awarded :p It was Mario 64!

Mr Khan said:

Question for everyone in-thread: What is the game in your top 50 with the lowest metacritic score? Or, if it comes from before the days of metacritic, what game was widely regarded as mediocre or poor by others?

The lowest-ranked game on my list is Yoshi's Story.

I'm not doing a top 50 list (boo!) (busy/lazy), but it would be God Hand.

12. Super Mario 64 (N64)

11. Paper Mario (N64)

OMFG I love this game, it started it all! God, I love Paper Mario SO MUCH! >:O *jizz

11. Super Mario Bros. (NES)

Mario obviously has his roots in the old Donkey Kong games, but it was here where the series as we really know it came to be. It was also the first game I ever played, so it wins some extremely important nostalgia points. That said, I still play the game every now and then, 27 years since it released (although it was a few years after that when I first played it). That's a true testament to its lasting appeal. It holds up so well because the controls and gameplay are so excellently crafted. The physics of Mario were just as good then as they are in the modern games (which is worth praising when after all this time, some competitors are still stuck with floaty jumping physics). Everything about the game was just done right, and that's something that became a recurring theme within the series, which is why Mario is still so popular after all this time.

Clue for 10. If you choose to take a certain route, Castolo is your main threat.

And my lowest rated game would probably be Epic Mickey.

VGChartz

Around the Network

Hint for #10: GBC game. Gotta collect/trade 'em all!

miz1q2w3e said:

Pokemon Gold/Silver.

Player2 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Pokemon Gold/Silver.

That would've been "Gotta catch 'em all" :p

miz1q2w3e said:
Player2 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

Pokemon Gold/Silver.

That would've been "Gotta catch 'em all" :p

Eh... Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Duel Stories then?

Mr Khan said:

Question for everyone in-thread: What is the game in your top 50 with the lowest metacritic score? Or, if it comes from before the days of metacritic, what game was widely regarded as mediocre or poor by others?

The lowest-ranked game on my list is Yoshi's Story.

Mine is Digimon World 4. It and Digimon World 3 were slammed in reviews.

Even though I agree with critics that Digimon World 4 was a poorly made game, I 100% disagree with World 3's metacritic. It was even quite impressive at the time, it should have gotten a MUCH better scores than it did.

I think of these two games in particular every time I need an example of why one's own opinion >>>>>> a critic's. I enjoyed playing these game SOOOOO much.

Also, even though FFXIII didn't get the low scores those two did, some would say it is disproportionately high on my list based on its meta. I loved it regardless of what anyone said.