By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Mr Khan said:
S.Peelman said:
(..)

#11 - ?
The first game in a franchise which got out of control this generation.

I want to try Call of Duty or Resident Evil

Call of Duty is correct, though Resident Evil is somewhat applicable.

Call of Duty really went overboard this generation with yearly releases, gigantic sales and the mega hype all around. I have CoD 1, UO, 2 and 3. Stopped when they decided to go to a modern era, which is immensely uninteresting in my opinion. Which is sad really, CoD 1 and 2 are two of the best FPS's ever created if you ask me.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
Remaining clues:

(..)

9: This game has been re-released multiple times and spawned numerous spinoffs.

8: This game introduced a new and popular Nintendo character.

(..)

4: Patrick Stewart, Sean Bean and gates.

(..)

2: The physics in this game were revolutionary for the time and it has recently won an award for game of the decade.

9: Super Mario Bros.?

8: Pikmin?

4: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Patrick Stewart rules)

2: Half-Life 2

S.Peelman said:
Scoobes said:
Remaining clues:

(..)

(..)

(..)

2: The physics in this game were revolutionary for the time and it has recently won an award for game of the decade.

9: Super Mario Bros.?

8: Pikmin?

4: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Patrick Stewart rules)

2: Half-Life 2

9 & 8: Nope!

4 & 2: Correct!

Scoobes said:
Remaining clues:

11: This game is the second highest new entry to my list and was the first game to introduce multiplayer to its series.

10: An ambitious game that was 5+ years in the making but has a controversial sequel that did away with a lot of what made the original so enjoyable.

7: "Make me feel alive again!"

6: I did not steal your sweetroll! Why do you have a limp?

5: This game featured Yvonne Strahovski on the box art.

3: "I never asked for this"... but I can punch through walls now!

1: Look at my previous posts. In my first ever VGChartz post I sing its praises. It shouldn't be that difficult to figure out!

11. Bioshock 2

10. Metal Gear Solid 4?

9. Super Mario Bros.

8. Fire Emblem (Ike, Marth, take your pick), Super Smash Bros. Melee (Marth)

5. Grand theft Auto IV

3. InFamous 2?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Player2 said:
Michael-5 said:

13. The game is known for giving the player the power of decision, in order to alter the outcome of the game and many levels, but in the end it boils down to good or bad moves. This entry is the second in the series.

13 - KOTOR 2.

Nope, but you got the developer right (I think)

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network

31. Since this game concluded the trilogy, the next interation, which was made by a new developer saw substantially less hype, and potentially killed the franchise. The next game in the series is unreleased
Incorrect Guesses: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Starfox Adventures

30. EA-FU. Because of EA this game wasn't as good as it could have been. Not a property of EA (EA screwed up someone elses game).
Incorrect Guesses: Mass Effect 3, NFL Games, Dragon Age 2

26. The creator of this game is well known for misplaced or ending quests, it's his newest game, was not published by the same people in all regions.

18. Introduced flying Monkeys, made by a studio which changed ownership, as a result many of the developers moved to Crytek, and are responsible for Crysis.
Incorrect Guesses: TimeSplitters

13. The game is known for giving the player the power of decision, in order to alter the outcome of the game and many levels, but in the end it boils down to good or bad moves. This entry is the second in the series.
Incorrect Guesses: KOTOR 2

12. A Golden Crown to RPG's, this game tells a story lost through time. <- Is a hint about the title.
Incorrect Guesses: Chrono Trigger

11. Ohh Noooooo....BwahHAHAHAHA .

10. The first newly localized GBA game from Nintendo. Based of a franchise which wasn't localized prior.

12. Valkyria Chronicles (2008)

This is the 10th of a dozen new entries to my list (so many games played in two years, old and new alike). There's so much to love in this game.  The hand drawn art style that is present not only in cutscenes but in gameplay is spectacular.  What originally drew me to the game were the concepts of the battle system. Using the SRPG concept of having multiple characters move across the battle field but then stripping away the grid is pure genious and creates a slightly more realistic method of troop advancement on the battlefield.  The story parallels World War II in a fantasy setting and does a good job of creating connections.  I cried at one point during this game (you can probably guess) which also included one of the more poignant musical pieces in the game.  The character leveling really lets you focus more of your time on actual tactics during battle instead of micromanaging your troops, which I like a lot. 

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

Michael-5 said:
Scoobes said:
Remaining clues:

11: This game is the second highest new entry to my list and was the first game to introduce multiplayer to its series.

10: An ambitious game that was 5+ years in the making but has a controversial sequel that did away with a lot of what made the original so enjoyable.

7: "Make me feel alive again!"

6: I did not steal your sweetroll! Why do you have a limp?

5: This game featured Yvonne Strahovski on the box art.

3: "I never asked for this"... but I can punch through walls now!

1: Look at my previous posts. In my first ever VGChartz post I sing its praises. It shouldn't be that difficult to figure out!

11. Bioshock 2

10. Metal Gear Solid 4?

9. Super Mario Bros.

8. Fire Emblem (Ike, Marth, take your pick), Super Smash Bros. Melee (Marth)

5. Grand theft Auto IV

3. InFamous 2?

Nope, none of those!

Michael-5 said:

31. Since this game concluded the trilogy, the next interation, which was made by a new developer saw substantially less hype, and potentially killed the franchise. The next game in the series is unreleased
Incorrect Guesses: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Starfox Adventures

30. EA-FU. Because of EA this game wasn't as good as it could have been. Not a property of EA (EA screwed up someone elses game).
Incorrect Guesses: Mass Effect 3, NFL Games, Dragon Age 2

26. The creator of this game is well known for misplaced or ending quests, it's his newest game, was not published by the same people in all regions.

18. Introduced flying Monkeys, made by a studio which changed ownership, as a result many of the developers moved to Crytek, and are responsible for Crysis.
Incorrect Guesses: TimeSplitters

Incorrect Guesses: KOTOR 2

12. A Golden Crown to RPG's, this game tells a story lost through time. <- Is a hint about the title.
Incorrect Guesses: Chrono Trigger

11. Ohh Noooooo....BwahHAHAHAHA .

10. The first newly localized GBA game from Nintendo. Based of a franchise which wasn't localized prior.

13 - Baldur's Gate II?

11 -Final Fantasy VI?

10 - Fire Emblem?

Mr Khan said:
TruckOSaurus said:
#11 Hint: Wa, WooHoo, YAHOOOOO! (Yes that's a real hint)

Super Mario 64

Question for everyone in-thread: What is the game in your top 50 with the lowest metacritic score? Or, if it comes from before the days of metacritic, what game was widely regarded as mediocre or poor by others?

The lowest-ranked game on my list is Yoshi's Story.

I think mine is Wii Sports Resort.