By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

BasilZero said:
Michael-5 said:

16. Golf, but without a golf club, and the hole doesn't appear until you kill every enemy except for the last one (which becomes the hole).

13. The game is known for giving the player the power of decision, in order to alter the outcome of the game and many levels, but in the end it boils down to good or bad moves. This entry is the second in the series.

#16 Kirby's Dream Course!

#13 Shin Megami Tensei II (?)

16. YES, I love this game, it's so addicting. The First level is a joke, Hole in 1 every time. I bought this game, brand new and sealed for only $20 when Gamecube was around. What luck

13. Nope, it's a bit newer then that.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

16. Golf, but without a golf club, and the hole doesn't appear until you kill every enemy except for the last one (which becomes the hole).

Correct Answer: Kirby's Dream Course

31. Since this game concluded the trilogy, the next interation, which was made by a new developer saw substantially less hype, and potentially killed the franchise. The next game in the series is unreleased
Incorrect Guesses: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Starfox Adventures

30. EA-FU. Because of EA this game wasn't as good as it could have been. Not a property of EA (EA screwed up someone elses game).
Incorrect Guesses: Mass Effect 3, NFL Games, Dragon Age 2

26. The creator of this game is well known for misplaced or ending quests, it's his newest game, was not published by the same people in all regions.

18. Introduced flying Monkeys, made by a studio which changed ownership, as a result many of the developers moved to Crytek, and are responsible for Crysis.
Incorrect Guesses: TimeSplitters

13. The game is known for giving the player the power of decision, in order to alter the outcome of the game and many levels, but in the end it boils down to good or bad moves. This entry is the second in the series.

12. A Golden Crown to RPG's, this game tells a story lost through time. <- Is a hint about the title.
Incorrect Guesses: Chrono Trigger

11. Ohh Noooooo....BwahHAHAHAHA .

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

axumblade said:

XD Correct!

I loved the PS3 version of the game but the Vita version was actually a lot more fun for me. The screen just works so much better than the big screen, where it can get stretched out a bit at times.

#11 - The main character of this PS3 game walks with a bit of a swagger.

I would say Nathan Drake in Uncharted, but no..... Cole from Infamous (When his arms are charged up?)

Kresnik said:
S.Peelman said:

#12 - ?

This game looks like it starts a franchise, but it actually does have a predecessor.

All I can think of is Populous: The Beginning?

No, though I should've thought about this game when writing down this hint, as it does point to that game . The game I'm looking for is exclusive to a certain home console not by any of today's big console makers.

Extra hint: The best game-mode actually involves a large map of a fictional kingdom, littered with many different stages. Due to the nature of the game however, these stages are essentially the same.

You should see the look on my face every time I read a hint, clueless.

Either I'm terrible or your guys hints are too vague. The ones I do manage to figure out are already answered.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
hatmoza said:

Recap

50- Infamous 2 (PS3)
49- Lost Odyssey (360)
48- Earthbound (SNES)
47- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (PSX)
46-This game was the first RPG I played outside of Final Fantasy 1,2 and 3. From what I've read about this game, it's rather hated. But I liked it... a lot.
Hint -One of the earliest, if not the first role playing game for the Playstation one.
**Another Hint- Flying Purple Pyramid!

45- Mega Man 2 (NES)
44- Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2)
43- Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
42- Criticized for swaying away from what made this franchise so great, but I found extreme enjoyment playing this game with my brother in its bold switch to co-op.
41- Street Fighter 4/Super Street Fighter 4/ Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition (PS3)

Beyond the Beyond for #46?

That's it!

What do you know about the game? Or did you just see  it in my game collection?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

axumblade said:
hatmoza said:

Recap

50- Infamous 2 (PS3)
49- Lost Odyssey (360)
48- Earthbound (SNES)
47- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (PSX)
46-This game was the first RPG I played outside of Final Fantasy 1,2 and 3. From what I've read about this game, it's rather hated. But I liked it... a lot.
Hint -One of the earliest, if not the first role playing game for the Playstation one.
**Another Hint- Flying Purple Pyramid!

45- Mega Man 2 (NES)
44- Silent Hill 4: The Room (PS2)
43- Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
42- Criticized for swaying away from what made this franchise so great, but I found extreme enjoyment playing this game with my brother in its bold switch to co-op.
41- Street Fighter 4/Super Street Fighter 4/ Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition (PS3)

42 is Resident Evil 5...

Correct sir.

40- The first PS3 exclusive I purchased.

Hint- a great movie.

39- a not so popular JRPG in the U.S.

Hint- this new installment of the franchise introduced 3 new main characters.

12. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

Twilight Princess comfortably takes the award for the most epic unveiling ever seen, and that's probably because there are a lot of people out there who believe that Nintendo should have made this game instead of Wind Waker, and thus when it finally came around, there was a lot of pent up frustration. That's not really what matters though. What matters is that it turned out to be a great game aided by the new control options provided by the Wii. Sure, sword fighting was nowhere near where it should have been, but using the bow and other items with the Wii Remote worked like a dream.

Any Zelda game lives and dies on the strength of its dungeons, and I believe that Snowpeak Ruins, the City in the Sky, and the Cave of Ordeals (even though it's entirely optional) are all excellent, with the Cave providing a bit of a extra difficulty that some parts of the main game lacked. There was also plenty to do outside of the main and side quests. Fishing made a welcome return, and I wasted a few hours of game time simply seeing what I could catch.

Ultimately, it's a fantastic game in isolation, but in some ways there was a feeling that you'd seen certain things before within the Zelda series...

Clue for 11. Ignoring the series earliest roots, this is where everything started.

VGChartz