By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

axumblade said:
S.Peelman said:
axumblade said:
To a few days ago...yes! It was Super Mario Bros 3....x.o

16. Stay a while and listen...

Diablo?

extremely close....

Diablo II then.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

So... No-one had this reaction before?

S.Peelman said:

O.O "What the... A chicken?? Oh, no... It's not."

The only thing I can think of are Chocobos but that narrows things down to 10 or so possible games.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

I wanted to say Symphony of the Night but the coming home part doesn't fit...

Yeah, your reasoning was pretty solid... but Symphony of the Night just missed out of my top 50.

Smeags said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I wanted to say Symphony of the Night but the coming home part doesn't fit...

Yeah, your reasoning was pretty solid... but Symphony of the Night just missed out of my top 50.

New Super Mario Bros. 2, I hear there's an extra world at the end.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

New Super Mario Bros. 2, I hear there's an extra world at the end.

Not really like going home though.

Hint #2: The game has some candy that really makes you mad!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
S.Peelman said:

So... No-one had this reaction before?

S.Peelman said:

O.O "What the... A chicken?? Oh, no... It's not."

The only thing I can think of are Chocobos but that narrows things down to 10 or so possible games.

Hehe. It's no Final Fantasy.

This occurs during the game's final boss battle, you don't actually see anything; just sound effects.

The full reaction would be:

-.- "Yeah, you go come down here..." :-? "Whats happening? Where he going?" O.O "What the... A chicken?? Oh, no... It's not." o.0 "Mechanical Sounds?" 0.o "What the @#^$%'s happening?!" >:-| "Oh, there he come." :-S "Wierd, he looks a bit like a chameleon..."

TruckOSaurus said:
axumblade said:
S.Peelman said:
axumblade said:
To a few days ago...yes! It was Super Mario Bros 3....x.o

16. Stay a while and listen...

Diablo?

extremely close....

Diablo II then.

Yeah, it's gotta be.

Anyway, I get half the points .

I meant Halo 2. Red vs Blue didn't appear until Halo 2, right? Maybe i got that wrong.

Yes, it is Sonic and Knuckles

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

17. Portal 2 (PC, also on 360 & PS3)

What to say about a work of pure genius? The original Portal was fun. Short, unpretentious and pure gaming fun. Portal 2 could have just continued with the same, but instead added some fantastic new ideas, more mind-bending puzzles with some hilarious characters and great humour. The story mode alone really was comedy value and could have justified the asking price alone. Steve Merchant was great and really helped set the tone at the start of the game with comments like

"Most test subjects do experience some, uh, cognitive deterioration after a few months in suspension. Now, you've been under for quite a lot longer, and its *not* out of the question that you might have a *very* minor case of serious brain damage! But, don't be alarmed, alright? Uh, although if you do feel alarmed, try to hold on to that feeling because that is the proper reaction to being told that you've got brain damage."  

The added co-op mode though really added to the value. Pure gaming bliss.

#17 - MediEvil was the game that got me into the PlayStation. A genuinely funny game, with excellent gameplay too. The game features everything a 3D platformer should: easy levels, hard levels, irritating levels and good levels you want to replay millions of times. It is by no means a serious, as in the emotion, game judging by the animation and sounds of the enemies and what they look like in the first place. The main antagonist, a sorcerer by the name of Zarok, which is seen in several cutscenes throughout the game, takes the cake in that regard. Especially during the final battle, which is both genious and bizarre. Also, the game features a nice reward system for those that put a little effort in while completing the levels; better weapons. This brings me to the point I credit this game for. MediEvil was the first game which taught me the importance of upgrading weapons, and trying to fully complete (100%) a game!

#16 - ?

"Welcome to the ...!"