By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

21: "You can be anything you want to be! Darth Maul, a refrigerator, a dynamite-miner, a driller, a lightning rod, or fireworks!"

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Scoobes said:

I have no clue tbh. Was I at least right with point n' click adventure?

Unfortunately not. No Adventure games in my Top 50 (Okr would be disappointed in me ).

The game also includes the trickster fox.

Starfox? lol

#22 - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock had surprised me. I never could have guessed that playing around with oversized controllers could be this much fun. Besides listening to your favorite music, well, my favorite music coincidentally, the game offers a very challenging way to play through them. The strength is of course, that the player actually feels like a rock star! Sadly though, each successor was worse and the franchise died after a short but vibrant life.

#21 - ?
This current (7th) gen franchise was arguably influenced by a very famous movie series and a gaming franchise which is about to be rebooted. I am talking about the game which gets off to a chilly start!

S.Peelman said:

#22 - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock had surprised me. I never could have guessed that playing around with oversized controllers could be this much fun. Besides listening to your favorite music, well, my favorite music coincidentally, the game offers a very challenging way to play through them. The strength is of course, that the player actually feels like a rock star! Sadly though, each successor was worse and the franchise died after a short but vibrant life.

#21 - ?
This current (7th) gen franchise was arguably influenced by a very famous movie series and a gaming franchise which is about to be rebooted. I am talking about the game which gets off to a chilly start!

Uncharted 2

Mr Khan said:
21: "You can be anything you want to be! Darth Maul, a refrigerator, a dynamite-miner, a driller, a lightning rod, or fireworks!"

Minecraft?

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
Mr Khan said:

Minecraft?

Way, way off.

This one's a little specific, and Darth Maul doesn't refer to the Sith specifically, but to his mode of fighting.

This is the only game in its franchise where you can become these things, in lieu of other things that you usually can do in this franchise.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Smeags said:
Scoobes said:
Smeags said:
Hint for #21:

This game contains garbage bags, ice cream cones, cotton balls, and candles.

That collection of items seems random enough to belong in an old school point n' click adventure

I'm just happy my hint has lasted more than 5 minutes this time.

If only I were constantly at my computer.
Pokemon Black/White

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

shogia said:

If only I were constantly at my computer.
Pokemon Black/White

Correct!

22. ICO (2001)

Down from 18th on the last list is a truly unique game.  Perhaps one of the best things about ICO is how much story it can tell with so little.  The team for this game did an excellent job of telling story without resorting to a mess of dialogue.  The solitary flaw for this game is the fact that the combat seems nothing more than an annoyance.  The idea of having to save another person from being captured is solid but the lack of variety in weapons (not as bad) and enemies (worse) led to most of the excitement being taken a short while into the game.  On the other hand the game's final combat felt like a wonderfully crafted battle that I would love more of.  The platform puzzling in this game is what ultimately shines through.  Unlike many platformers, the next move is usually less than obvious and requires a little thinking to puzzle out where you're going.  Somehow the developers made the destination always seem so far away, even though the entire game world is decently small.  A lot of this could come from the fact that the game flows freely between areas without any sort of modular level scheme.  The castle is beautifully crafted and I wished I could have wandered away from the game and explored the whole building.  This game exceeded all of my expectations, even knowing what other people had thought of it.

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

Clue for #21:

The trailer for this game used a song sung by Bobby Darin.