By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Clue for 22:

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
axumblade said:

23. Sly Cooper: Honor Among Thieves (PS2)

To me, this was the best Sly Cooper game to date and I cannot wait for Sly Cooper 4 to come out. It's one of my most anticipated games for next year.

22. Easiest clue yet. I had one of the main characters of this game as an avatar earlier this year with the caption "Soon..."

Beautiful Katamari

Signature goes here!

Nobody got my hint? I thought it was easy...

Signature goes here!

axumblade said:
Mr Khan said:

Clue for 22:

LoZ: Twilight Princess.....

(I didn't get it until I quoted you and the name of the url for the image popped up. :P )

You got it. I wish i could remember yours, as i recall that avatar but can't remember what character went with it...

TruckOSaurus said:
#22 Hint: Two main characters, one with the worst first day on the job ever and the other is one dedicated sister.

Resident Evil?

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
#22 Hint: Two main characters, one with the worst first day on the job ever and the other is one dedicated sister.

Resident Evil 2

And yes. You need to finish Epic Mickey. The last 1/3 is great.

@AxumBlade

(Beautiful) Katamari Damacy/Forever

@Mr Khan

Twilight Sparkle Princess Peach

Also, I was at Hot Topic the other day and it was filled to the brim with MLP stuff. Except in the women's section.

Mr Khan said:
23. Goldeneye 007, N64 (1997) Nintendo/Rare (21 last year)

As guessed by nobody (I guess it wasn't too easy, Alec). Goldeneye 007 is the only non-Metroid-Prime first-person shooter on my list. Although it's primitive compared to those games that came after, it helped set the standard for console shooters with varied missions and multiplayer that made it endlessly replayable. Its simple soundtrack is also quite memorable.

I would've. But I was away today.

True story!

Mr Khan said:

Maniac Mansion?

Sadly, that was incorrect.

My number 24 game was:

#24 - Crazy Taxi is a game where you get rewarded for reckless driving. By acting like a maniac in your car, your customers would be satisfied. This made for a really enjoyable game where you would have lots of fun making all kinds of crazy stunts throughout the city in your taxi. I guess that's why they called it 'Crazy Taxi'!

#23 - Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt is, of course, two games. This entry though is more for Duck Hunt than for Super Mario Bros., but I had only this cartridge instead of each game seperate. Duck Hunt was one of the first games I've ever played in my life. I'm still doubting which one was the actual first though. Duck Hunt is mindless fun, shooting ducks with the zapper of which it's technology today is still flawless. I have to give Duck Hunt the credit though (together with a game called 'Star Wars: Rebel Assault II', which was the first game I personally owned) for getting me into gaming. Without it, I probably wouldn't be here... But that blasted dog!

#22 - ?

The first game of this franchise in the current (7th) generation. The franchise took the meaning of accessoiries to a whole other level.

23. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

I believe this is the only racing/driving game on my list which shows you how highly I rate GT5 (although the new F1 games come mighty close to top 50). The driving physics as always are great, but it's the sheers amount of content and support from the devs that make this game so fantastic. The constant update of online events, patches and upgrades is astounding, especially for a game that already has such a huge amount of content. The new spec 2.0 is a great addition improving some of the inconsistencies and making the endurance races that bit more doable.

Clue to 22: This RPG was completely different in gameplay to its predecessors.