By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

Nobody guessed my #41. I didn't think it was that hard...

#41 - Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (DS)
Holding the record for my longest gaming marathon ever (10 straight hours), Days of Ruin is pure addiction. The expected excellent turn-based design was complimented by a dark new art and narrative direction which was a refreshing change to the long-running strategy series, and reminded me or its sister series, Fire Emblem. Advance Wars was addicting enough on its own, but the extra effort put into to narrative in this entry turned a series I like into one well worth sticking with.

Hint for #40 - A hilarious game in which the main villain's right-hand man was so popular as a character that he made return appearances for the sequels. In fact, he became the main villain in the third entry.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

My game nr. 33 is a game whre you have to smash some crystals in order to go home.

F0X said:

Holding the record for my longest gaming marathon ever (10 straight hours), Days of Ruin is pure addiction. The expected excellent turn-based design was complimented by a dark new art and narrative direction which was a refreshing change to the long-running strategy series, and reminded me or its sister series, Fire Emblem. Advance Wars was addicting enough on its own, but the extra effort put into to narrative in this entry turned a series I like into one well worth sticking with.

Hint for #40 - A hilarious game in which the main villain's right-hand man was so popular as a character that he made return appearances for the sequels. In fact, he became the main villain in the third entry.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

tgnevermore said:
F0X said:

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Extremely correct.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Smeags said:
SangheliZealotX said:
32nd hint: this game is usually considered the peak of a series that has gone dramatically downhill lately, after this game the series abandoned its roots.

I'm thinking either Resident Evil (GameCube) or Resident Evil 4.

Resident Evil 4 is correct.

Around the Network
Kantor said:

Hint for 32: The meaning of life, plus the number of Divines according to Ulfric Stormcloak, minus the number of currently released games in my second favourite current gen new IP franchise (PS exclusive) as of 29th November 2012.

42 + 9 (Ulfric worshipped all the 9 divines right?) = 51

Not sure what your second fave current gen new IP is so I'm going to assume Uncharted as it's a pretty good PS exclusive... Uncharted has 4 games if you include the Vita version so...

Agent 47?

Hitman? 

tgnevermore said:
My game nr. 33 is a game whre you have to smash some crystals in order to go home.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Primarily an RPG player but have interest in any game that will make me think. 

34. Chrono Cross (1999)

Dropping from 28th, the sheer number of playable characters in this game is remarkable.  Keeping the multiple endings like in Chrono Trigger and the deep stories that tend to come with time travel and parallel dimensions creates a game that you can thoroughly explore multiple times, learning new things each time.  The battle system in the game is at the same time familiar and completely new, making it a fresh experience compared to other rpgs.  The battles are in some ways a superior predecessor to the system later used in Final Fantasy XIII. The leveling system also eliminates the ability to over level by capping stats until certain parts of the game, which is nice.

axumblade said:
Mr Khan said:
axumblade said:
33. 30 Seconds or Less

Half-Minute Hero?

Either my clues are too easy or you're just really good at guessing games. This one is also pretty easy to guess.

32. A rare treat goes retro.

Donkey Kong Country Returns.

32. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES)

Proof that a Mario game doesn't necessarily have to star the man himself to be brilliant, Yoshi's Island pushes the Yoshi's to centre stage with Mario reduced to annoying crying child that you have to transport safely back to his parents, once you've rescued baby Luigi of course. The main gameplay differs slightly from other games in the series, given that it centres around the abilities of Yoshi, which include hurling eggs at enemies and transforming into different vehicles.

Clue for number 31. This speech is my recital, I think it's very vital.

VGChartz