By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

#33 - Animal Crossing (GC)

As guessed by no-one (screw you guys!)  Yeah, the original Animal Crossing was such a fun period of my life.  I had genuinely never played anything like it before, I don't even know what made me buy it, I think I was sold by the intrigue and the box art.  Such a warm, fuzzy and enjoyable game.  Mingling with villagers, digging for treasure, combing the beaches and just everything about this game is so relaxing.  I still love to return from time to time to see my old village in an eternal state of rest apart from Mr Resetti :P.  Sequels improved upon the basic features but none of them come close to capturing the original's magic.

Clue for my #32 - Sequel to a platform game which became a platform for games.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Hint for game #32:

This game contains half-breeds, a bird that's actually a god, and cat-girls.

Radiant Dawn

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Smeags said:
Hint for game #32:

This game contains half-breeds, a bird that's actually a god, and cat-girls.

Radiant Dawn

You always get my hints!

Smeags said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Clue for #32:

A sixth-generation multiplat, the sequel for which is on the "backburner."

Beyond Good & Evil?

That's it! I hope one day we'll see that sequel.

As guessed by FOX:

33. Shadow of the Colossus (PS2, remade in HD as part of ICO/SotC package on PS3)

This is typically held up as a prime example when people start describing games as an art form and it's pretty easy to see why. Unlike a lot of arty style media, this also had the bonus of being an incredibly entertaining game. The simple concept of a game filled with epic boss fights in a wonderfully unique environment just plain works, but the real beauty of the game comes in the subtle ways the game invokes emotional responses from the player, from the expressions on the colossi to the way Agro feels like riding a real horse.

Around the Network

Clue for 32: This game features queens, vultures and templars!

Scoobes said:

Not enough minerals!

milkyjoe said:

Number 32 is a follow up to a classic SNES game where another character takes centre stage, with the usual stars relegated to second billing.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Kresnik said:

Clue for my #32 - Sequel to a platform game which became a platform for games.

LittleBigPlanet 2

Smeags said:
Scoobes said:

Not enough minerals!

We require more minerals! /CreepyZergVoice

Signature goes here!