By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2012 Discussion Thread: FINISH YOUR LISTS

#35 - Missile Command is maybe a little strange a game to include on a list like this. This Atari 2600 game is indeed old, and very simple in concept. However, I've played so many clones of this game it's pathetic and it took a while I finally got the original one. Of course, I'm nowhere near old enough to have been around when this game was released, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate what it means. Gameplay is so simple, everyone can play this. Just shoot the incoming missiles with your own missiles. Mindless fun, and it never gets boring trying to beat high scores.

#34 - ?
This game was way too ambitious for it's own good.

Around the Network

I will reinstate my efforts in making my list very soon, let's just say I'm too distracted by a moment that will occur in my life in a couple of days which could alter my life completely, this is all I can say.....

Rainbow Yoshi said:
I will reinstate my efforts in making my list very soon, let's just say I'm too distracted by a moment that will occur in my life in a couple of days which could alter my life completely, this is all I can say.....

O_O

Wish the best for ya RY. Hope everything's alright.

Smeags said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

O_O

Wish the best for ya RY. Hope everything's alright.

Thanks Smeags, I'll be sure to return to consistant posting after this (and I have a brilliant and unexpected top 5 games lined up for my list (Hint : no Uncharted games make 1st). 

Rainbow Yoshi said:

Thanks Smeags, I'll be sure to return to consistant posting after this (and I have a brilliant and unexpected top 5 games lined up for my list (Hint : no Uncharted games make 1st). 

What's this? This time last year you were all about Uncharted. What happened? What did Nathan do to yooooou?!

Around the Network

35. Final Fantasy X (PS2)

Tapping the power of the then-new Playstation 2, Squaresoft brought its signature series to a whole new level of visual splendor with Final Fantasy X. This was my very first PS2 game, and I was literally blown away by the graphics (which seriously sucked because I had to hike several days to get back home when I just wanted to finish the damn game). This level of graphical detail along with voice acting (a series first!) made it feel like I was playing a movie at the time. I've rarely been so engrossed by the story of a game, which is quite a feat as it centers on a whiny soccer player with daddy issues. While I'm not in the We Hate FFXIII brigade, I do worry the series' increasing emphasis on cinematic elements has begun to compromise content, but the world in FFX - though streamlined - still feels plenty big and alive. Why, it even has towns! And quite a few diversions to boot, chief amongst them the massive timesink that is blitzball. But the core gameplay is really where it's at, with a revamped battle system that is entirely turn-based (so long, ATB!) and what is easily the most brilliant and engaging leveling system in the series to date. Most impressively of all, Zipperboy Nomura actually managed to make a cool character for once, albeit only by ripping off Toshiro Mifune wholesale (something I am 100% okay with).

AlphaCielago said:

34th hint:
- The second to last 2D game of a franchise that has been on all major Ninteno systems.

Metroid Fusion?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Mr Khan said:
tgnevermore said:
In my 35th game, you can get inside of someone very famous in videogame history

Bowser's Inside Story

Yesss....

Well, I'm about to do five hints for games in one fell swoop.

My #45 is a beloved FPS infamous for having an overpowered midget character.
My #44 is the third game in a series about a fictional animal with a very large... arsenal.
My #43 is the direct sequel to a well-liked simulation game filled with hairpin turns and high-velocity thrills.
My #42 is a recent puzzle game with an unusual method of sharing levels.
My #41 is an apocalyptic strategy game that marked a huge shift in tone for its series.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
Well, I'm about to do five hints for games in one fell swoop.

My #45 is a beloved FPS infamous for having an overpowered midget character.
My #44 is the third game in a series about a fictional animal with a very large... arsenal.
My #43 is the direct sequel to a well-liked simulation game filled with hairpin turns and high-velocity thrills.
My #42 is a recent puzzle game with an unusual method of sharing levels.
My #41 is an apocalyptic strategy game that marked a huge shift in tone for its series.

45, maybe Goldeneye?

44... Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal?

No idea on the others.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.