By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Toy Story 3, Little Miss Sunshine writer to write screenplay for Star Wars: Episode VII

Link?

Around the Network

seems like an odd choice, but Toy Story 3 was pretty good.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Buzz Lightyear of Star Wars. Incoming!

Laugh all you want, but Toy Story 3 is a better movie than all of the Star Wars prequels.

TheBardsSong said:
Laugh all you want, but Toy Story 3 is a better movie than all of the Star Wars prequels.

Combined.  And honestly better than the originals IMO.

Around the Network
TheBardsSong said:

Amen.

I don't see this as bad news at all.

TheBardsSong said:

Who was laughing though. Generally positive response from the rumour. 

Hey if Episode VII can be even close to as good as Toy Story I'd be well pleased with that.

I'm guessing episode 7 will utilize a large time-skip? Bet Mark Hamill is licking his lips.

I read about this a little earlier as well. I think he sounds like a pretty decent choice, all in all. However, the bar is not very high.

I mean, he's had two movies come out so far...one was an Oscar nomination, the other was an Oscar win. He's writing Oblivion (Sci Fi, Tom Cruise movie) and a Hunger Games movie. I mean, so far the guy is 2 for 2 for Oscar nods.

Compare that to...modern George Lucas and his writing skills.

The guy just needs to show a video of a historical record of Jar Jar getting nailed by a firing squad of Imperial Stormtroopers and he will gain the love of all fans everywhere. Just churning something out that makes sense will turn him into a small god amongst the fans. I think he's the first writer working on a franchise of this size that has a potential bullseye that would be meters across while letting him stand inches away. He's practically overkill at this point and I'm completely okay with that.

Go Disney's Star Wars!