By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Heavenly Sword good?

Tagged games:

reallllllyyyyy short but I enjoyed it throughly. I really forgot about this game but was hoping for an sequal announcement for a while after its release. shame it never came. Andy as the villian was brilliant.

Around the Network

I really enjoyed it and still remember it well several years later.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i been wanting to play heavenly sword for a long time, i know a guy who has it who should bring me it soon. im really bored of shooters i need some hack and slash action!!

Back in 2007 the main gamer consensus was that it was a nice placeholder until GOW3 came out.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

For the price you can pick it up these days, absolutely worth it. Still a beautiful, beautiful game with a surprisingly touching and interesting story as well. As other people have mentioned - very short, which is a problem if you were paying £40 for it but for the £5 you can find it for these days it's an absolute steal.

So yes, highly recommended.

Around the Network

An average game. Really didn't like the gameplay but the motion control parts where quite fun. Didn't care much about the story and the dialogue mostly made me cringe. I have only played the first God of War but Heavenly Sword doesn't come anywhere close to that game.

You should get Bayonetta if you haven't already. It should be quite cheap.

I loved that game.

Only gripe was that it was a bit short, however the fun factor was not in short supply.

Definitely worth a pick up.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ofcourse. One of my favourite hack n slash game of this gen.

If God of War III is a 10/10 and the best game in the genre of all time then Heavenly Sword is a 4/10. (Retarded cousin is an adequate description).

Heavenly Sword had a crap story, choppy framerate, terrible combat, irritating ost, weird characters, terrible gameplay (no jumping made it feel like shit) and it's incredibly repetitive save for the couple of parts you play as Kai. Not to mention it's only about 5-6 hours long which is pretty much exactly half of God of War III which is 10-12 hours.

If you want the absolute best alternative to God of War whilst you wait for God of War: Ascension, you MUST play Castlevania: Lords of Shadow! That game is fucking fantastic! (9.5/10) If you've  aleady played that then you could give Dante's Inferno a go which is ok (6.5/10).

JustThatGamer said:

If God of War III is a 10/10 and the best game in the genre of all time then Heavenly Sword is a 4/10. (Retarded cousin is an adequate description).

Heavenly Sword had a crap story, choppy framerate, terrible combat, irritating ost, weird characters, terrible gameplay (no jumping made it feel like shit) and it's incredibly repetitive save for the couple of parts you play as Kai. Not to mention it's only about 5-6 hours long which is pretty much exactly half of God of War III which is 10-12 hours.

If you want the absolute best alternative to God of War whilst you wait for God of War: Ascension, you MUST play Castlevania: Lords of Shadow! That game is fucking fantastic! (9.5/10) If you've  aleady played that then you could give Dante's Inferno a go which is ok (6.5/10).

dantes inferno was a joke.