By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!

Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Halo 4 is by far the best looking game I've ever seen.

Frankly I don't care if Sony fans agree. I just hope this ends all the debate about PS3 being more powerful.

Uh, it still is. That goes without saying.
It's 2012, there is enough information out there that proves it. 

Halo vs Killzone, Forza vs GT....at this point it all comes down to preference. No one can argue that these games are technically stunning and made by amazing and talented developers.

If it is, we're still waiting for it to be demonstrated.

Uncharted 2 and 3. Killzone 3. God of War 3.

These 4 games have demonstrated the power of the PS3 for years now. It took developers 7 years to develop a game that can compete with these PS3 exclusives. And supposedly the Xbox 360 was easier to develop for......how do you explain that?

With that I'm done here. 

The 360 already had games at par with the best looking PS3 games. Gears of War 3, Forza 4, and Halo Reach are examples. Halo 4 just surpassed anything PS3 has to offer.

The 360 is easier to develop for. Refer to Skyrim.

Wow. What an exagerration. That is just not true.

Skryim was developed with 360 as the lead platform, hence why the game performs better on it.

Yes, the 360 is easier to develop for, we've known this for YEARS now.

You are stuck in in the past dude. This time I'm really out. Have fun you guys.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
yo_john117 said:
So I found out that games look amazing on a small computer monitor. Seriously on a 19 inch monitor Halo 4 looks better than anything else out there (and it wasn't even in HD). Can't wait to play other games to see how good they look on that monitor! Screw big HDTV's lol (which is kind of ironic since I recently bought a 46 inch HDTV)

I also found out that the World isnt flat.

Lol sorry, I actually had no idea a cheap non-hd monitor could look so incredibly good.

Nsanity said:
Skeeuk said:
LOL every time any new 360 title is out its always touted as best ever. when i used to own a 360 and finally played these said games they looked OK at best.

in comparison to ps3's best offerings they will always be behind. anyone who doesnt own a 360 buy one and see yourself the games are excellent but visually not upto ps3's best.

of course its without saying anytime a good solid looking 360 title arrives to the fanB it will always seem much greater than it actually is combined with fanboy reviews a kind "frenzy" erups on forums which will die down after a few weeks

The PS3 crowd are also gulity of this.

PC gamers do this as well, only it's actually true =P Minecraft blows all your shitz away on TEH PCZ!

VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Frankly I don't care if Sony fans agree. I just hope this ends all the debate about PS3 being more powerful.

Halo vs Killzone, Forza vs GT....at this point it all comes down to preference. No one can argue that these games are technically stunning and made by amazing and talented developers.

These 4 games have demonstrated the power of the PS3 for years now. It took developers 7 years to develop a game that can compete with these PS3 exclusives. And supposedly the Xbox 360 was easier to develop for......how do you explain that?

With that I'm done here. 

The 360 already had games at par with the best looking PS3 games. Gears of War 3, Forza 4, and Halo Reach are examples. Halo 4 just surpassed anything PS3 has to offer.

Wow. What an exagerration. That is just not true.

Skryim was developed with 360 as the lead platform, hence why the game performs better on it.

Yes, the 360 is easier to develop for, we've known this for YEARS now.

You are stuck in in the past dude. This time I'm really out. Have fun you guys.

If you think I am exaggerating then perhaps you haven't played Halo 4 or not much.

If you know the 360 is easier to develop for, then why did you say it's supposedly easier to develop for?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Argh_College said:
YukanaSenix said:
Argh_College said:
Yeah im biased but i own 2 ps3, 2 360s and my family a Wii.

im probably the guy here that has all the best exclusives for the HD Twins and has completed Uncharted 3 on "Esmagador" and God of War 3 on Chaos.

You wish you were as biased as me, going out to play the best FPS ever - Halo 4. Killzone 3 was a disapointment son.

The best FPS in this Gen and in a long time in general is > BATTLEFIELD 3 on PC with Ultra Settings.
There is NOTHING that comes close to that game,especially not on consoles and surely not some Casual Shooters like Halo or CoD.
Sorry - Being MLG Pro is as much an effort as farting against a wall or comparing a Halo Wars player to a Korean LoL or SC Player...If you want to be great play on PC - This is where skill counts and where the good players are.
Halo is a great Casual Shooter and thats it.Killzone has a worse MP but the SP(the only thing that matters on consoles cause MP on Console FPS is for casuals anyways) is much better.

With the right rules Halo is a top notch hardcore shooter just see MLG of Halo 2 and Halo 3 and learn.

BF3 is a joke for competitive gaming thats why no one plays that game in big Lans like MLG.

Lol and SC2 are amazing competitive games, i played LoL and the game is so much fun and so addictive, one of the best online games out there. SC2 is amazing to see on MLG they allways put up a great show with great players.

Halo 4 is not Casual Shooter, you need skill to play Halo, team Work, months of practive and call outs to win games and be the best, thats why there are 350 teams playing Halo at MLG and you only see 16 on top with a big difference from the others, Halo is nothing but an hardcore shooter with the right options and tools and 343 delivered that in big quantity and also in quality.

Remember you can modify everything on Halo from gravity to shoots you need to kill, its just that good.

My favourites competitive games since i can remember :

UT 99 > Halo 2 > SC2 > LoL > Gears of War >>> All.

My top 3 and in that order (remember instagib in UT ? that was glorious...)

(haven't played Halo 2 online nor LoL)

Around the Network

well said

ZaneWane said:
halo does more impressive stuff on bigger scale

No it doesn't the scale in God of war is beyond that of halo 4. halo 4 is nice looking but its not at the level of Uncharted and its insane detail, or god of wars scale.

The ps3 uses a technique called MLAA were cell is used to augment the gpu, smooting everything out and allowing for more detail. 360 cannot do this, its why Uc2, Killzone 3 and GOWE are still the graphics king. LEave it to peeps like selnor to keep showing their obvious bias. No reviews or digital foundry are saying anything like what the OP is saying. Its the best looking 360 game it is closer to Uc2, Killzone and God of war but doesnt top them.

Mr Puggsly said:
dahuman said:
Mr Puggsly said:

lol why you trolling man?

I'm not. Now that the 360 has something that looks better than Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3, maybe we won't get beaten over the head with how amazing those games look.

Except it doesnt look betetr then KZ3 or UC2.... it finally has something in the same league...wow.

Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:

With that I'm done here. 

halo reach? LMAO. that game was average at the time. please. never was a graphical beast. No none of those games looked as good as uc2, kz, or god of war, digital foundry, lens of truth, numerous publications show that. halo 4 just finally came close to the ps3's best, it still doesnt top them, again see digital foundry. It's obvious your not use to seeing such graphics cause halo 4 does nothing ps3 hasn't done betetr for years.

The more I play Halo 4 the less impressed I get by the engine. It looks very nice if you stay on the intended path. But every time I try to explore a bit I either run/fly into an invisible wall, get too close to a low-res texture or get the 10 sec return to battlefield or die counter.

For example I just played the part where you get to fly outside between the huge pillars. I'm thinking cool let's check out that big ship over there. The textures started to look pretty low res getting a bit closer but I never got there, 10, 9, 8, dead. So I try going up, nope not allowed, down, not either. Nothing to do but fly to the marked pillar where a little group of enemies is hovering around.

Inside the 3rd pillar it really started to show its limitations. Flying around in the banshee produced a lot of texture pop in and object/panel fade-in on the platforms below.

The cut scenes all look great, improved lighting, models and probably better anti-aliasing really make them shine. Good trade-off for the black borders, effectively only rendering 1280x544 (if it's 2.35:1, looks close to it)

That's one thing that I don't get from Killzone 3. The gameplay looks great, the cutscenes the complete opposite. No enhancements at all and the close-ups of the in-game character models look like crap. And it's all pre-rendered to hide loading times... (Not that any enhancements would fix the atrocious acting in KZ3)

I'm hoping to finish the campaign tonight. I left off in the middle of a big battle on board the Infinity, fun fun.