By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Android adoption rate increasing six times faster than iPhone

Being a closed system iOS has no chance with Android. Apple is in a happy place with iOS regardless of android.

These results are more in direct conflict with say, Windows 8, that is open to other manufacturers.

I am far more interested in the Windows 8 v Android battle...

Around the Network

What Justinian said.

Also, my granny has an Android phone because it only costed £7.50. I suspect many Android users are people who just buy them becaus they're dirt cheap (like my granny)

Anyway, what's with all the Apple vs. Samsung/ android threads pezus? You've made 3 in the past hour. Do you own shares in Google or Samsung or something?

Here is an interesting stat - http://microsoft-news.com/windows-8-overtake-android-web-presence-in-less-than-10-days/

Interesting bits -

"Statcounter has handy daily stats on web traffic from their thousands of sensor sites on the internet, and from there we can plot the above graph, which shows the web presence of Windows 8 has more than doubled since its release on the 26th October, and that its web presence has decisively overtaken that of Android 3 days ago."

"It should take less than a month for Windows 8 to overtake all of iOS’s web presence, which exposes the “Post-PC” propaganda for the lie it is"

pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:

Anyway, what's with all the Apple vs. Samsung/ android threads pezus? You've made 3 in the past hour. Do you own shares in Google or Samsung or something?

No, I got a new app that provides me with new and fresh mobile news. 

Again you should check if your granny is alright, she seems to be going cuckoo. 

What's the app called? Android Fanboy Digest or something?

And no, my granny is not cuckoo, I was with her when she bought it

pezus said:
justinian said:
Being a closed system iOS has no chance with Android. Apple is in a happy place with iOS regardless of android.

These results are more in direct conflict with say, Windows 8, that is open to other manufacturers.

I am far more interested in the Windows 8 v Android battle...

I wonder how much of the predicted 100m Windows devices shipped per quarter will be tablets.

God knows. I would guess 70% as Windows phones has a bad sales history - but that doesn't mean anything really. These PREDICTIONS are usually full of crap. I remember everyone getting excited years back by predicted Zune sales, predicted Windows 7 tablet sales etc.,etc., Even Linux taking huge chunks of the desktop market was predicted by "experts" when I was at Uni.

I am willing to wait and see what actually happens than take these sales speculations seriously. I am not saying they will turn out to be wrong, but I will wait and see.

If the PC market does drop off as drastically as predicted MS will get burned. Windows 8 RT is peanuts compared to Windows 8 desktops in terms of revenue.

That prediction is another I find hard to swallow.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
What Justinian said.

Also, my granny has an Android phone because it only costed £7.50. I suspect many Android users are people who just buy them becaus they're dirt cheap (like my granny)

This will be the issue longterm.  It's all one saying that Android phones are outselling iOS phones by 6 to 1, but in reality, what number of phones running the most up to date Android software are being sold....you will probably find quite alot less.

Considering around 70% of Android users are still using Gingerbread or an older version of the software....this tends to mean that most of these users are generally on lower powered and cheaper units.

Remember, Gingerbread was released about 2 years ago and 70% of users are still using this version or older....so effectively only 30% of Android users are based on mobile sales over the last 2 years as well as upgrades over that time....not a large number.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

WOW She expects 1 phone model to sell 80 million in one quarter... AMAZING if that happened.

Of course the Android adoption rate is better... you can found Android phones from $10 to $500 with zillion models... iPhone is $300-500 range with one model... here she said the obvious.

pezus said:
davygee said:
man-bear-pig said:
What Justinian said.

This will be the issue longterm.  It's all one saying that Android phones are outselling iOS phones by 6 to 1, but in reality, what number of phones running the most up to date Android software are being sold....you will probably find quite alot less.

Considering around 70% of Android users are still using Gingerbread or an older version of the software....this tends to mean that most of these users are generally on lower powered and cheaper units.

Remember, Gingerbread was released about 2 years ago and 70% of users are still using this version or older....so effectively only 30% of Android users are based on mobile sales over the last 2 years as well as upgrades over that time....not a large number.

I don't see how you can come to that conclusion after saying yourself that many new phones are not running the latest software.

I was meaning higher end phones, i.e the Galaxy S3's etc, not the Galaxy Ace's of this world.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

pezus said:
ethomaz said:

WOW She expects 1 phone model to sell 80 million in one quarter... AMAZING if that happened.

Of course the Android adoption rate is better... you can found Android phones from $10 to $500 with zillion models... iPhone is $300-500 range with one model... here she said the obvious.

Huh? No, 80m iOS devices. That's iPhone 1-5 + iPad 1-4 +mini

Now makes sense for iPhone, iPad and iPad Mini.

iPhone itself shipped 26.9 million last quarter and I expect near 40 million this quarter... so 80 million with the three combined is fine.

pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:

Actually, it's funny you keep mentioning the price now as an advantage for Android phones but back when you were going on about having pre-ordered the iPhone 5 you kept saying it was cheap (just as cheap as competing phones) because of the contracts. 

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read. I won't even justified it by giving you an answer. Lol...