By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 45- Famitsu & M- Create

samuship said:
Ew, Vita reached a new low. I'm worried, come on, it's november and it won't manage to sell over 100k worldwide?

On the other side, 3DS is doing well and will skyrocket even more next week.

It will on Black Friday week.

I believe Vita numbers are so low right because people are waiting for those new colors.(on top of the no must-have games for the Japanse market)

Around the Network
VGKing said:
samuship said:
Ew, Vita reached a new low. I'm worried, come on, it's november and it won't manage to sell over 100k worldwide?

On the other side, 3DS is doing well and will skyrocket even more next week.

It will on Black Friday week.

I believe Vita numbers are so low right because people are waiting for those new colors.(on top of the no must-have games for the Japanse market)

I'm rooting for the Vita sell very well this month. The japanese line up may be weak, but the west one is very strong: ACIII: Liberation (I know it was launched late oct), CoD Declassified, Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Persona 4 among others.

We need moar Zelda, now!

We need moar Unchartedzz!

We need less DLCs.

Glad to see NSMB 2 and Bravely default are continuining to show their legs.

3DS- 93,989 divied by Vita's 4842 = 19.41

The 3DS outsold the Vita by 19:1!

Next week is going to be insane with Animal crossing releasing, I predict 200K 3DS's sold and vita drops to below 4000 which would equal a difference of 50:1

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286

Interested to see what kind of legs Syria 2 will have. I'm guessing not so good, but hopeful. Shame it didn't boost PS3 at all.

Yakuza opened lower than I expected too. I know it's a HD collection, but still.

Oh Vita :'(

I wonder if part of the reason for 3ds boost this week was the DQVII announcement.

....and does anyone has the answer to my question above?

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network

Will new colors help the vita in japan?

cyberninja45 said:

I wonder if part of the reason for 3ds boost this week was the DQVII announcement.

....and does anyone has the answer to my question above?

Yes, precisely 13,442 people bought the system after seeing the announcement on jump magazine

(no, no one will have this answer... but I suppose some people did buy a 3DS because of the announcement, but way more will buy it on the game release day. I don't believe in announcement boosts)

VicViper said:
Yakuza also did good, imo and Resident Evil crossed 800k (which is, for japan only, a major hit)

PS3 is really on fire software wise - and there's more heavy hitters coming.

Yeah it's had some good sustained software sales for a while now.

Just curious, but what other heavy hitters are coming over the next couple of months for the PS3 in japan?

Dallinor said:

Just curious, but what other heavy hitters are coming over the next couple of months for the PS3 in japan?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4871486

2nd Super Robot Wars & Yakuza 5 will both be fairly big.  

Dallinor said:
VicViper said:
Yakuza also did good, imo and Resident Evil crossed 800k (which is, for japan only, a major hit)

PS3 is really on fire software wise - and there's more heavy hitters coming.

Yakuza 5, Dynasty Warriors 7, 2nd Super Robot Wars OG. Blops II and ACIII will surely do at least 150-200k

Edit: ^beaten.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile