By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBLA Goldeneye video

I'm thinking this is PC emulated. Could be emulated on 360 hardware, and Rare may wish to re-release this on XLA, but there are 2 big companies they have to get permission from first. MGM who owns all rights to James Bond, and Nintendo who published the game for the N64. Unless they can legally bypass Nintendo I don't think it's going to XLA.

Around the Network

before calling it fake, watch this N64 version side by side to it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZAz7vBWIs2A

If you know of a rom hack that can improve the graphics that much, be a sport and share!

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

what do you mean goldenpp72, couldn't it just be pulled off by a texture change?

It doesn't run like the N64, This looks like an emulation to me

i was talking too ppl who whine about the easy singleplayer...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure this is an emulator. Why would they update the graphics and leave them that crappy, when the 360 is obviously capable of much better?

One thing you can certainly tell from the video is that it's being played with a gamepad.

The only real issue is... How will this play on a 360 controller? I know it was perfection on the n64 one. Maybe they could release an n64 controller to go with it

Yes

GO SIGN THE PETITION!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/rare007/petition.html

Lets bring the game back!!

It could have easily made its way to partner net where any person with a dev kit could download, if they had access.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

GoldenEye with the 360 controller or even the classic controller wouldn't be the same. The game works best with the N64 controller, considering you use the C buttons to strafe and point up or down. Current shooters like Halo using dual sticks control differently.

Go play Timesplitters and choose radical B in the controls options, which is the old GE/PD controls, it just feels wierd.

The best way to play this classic will always be to break out the N64 and plug it into an old CRT TV!

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980