By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBLA Goldeneye video

Wii - too bad most people would rather prefer a 8 player+ Goldeneye to a 4p goldeneye.

Not only that, few people still have N64s and Goldeneye. Might as well bring a classic back with better controls (since the joystick on the N64 wasn't the greatest).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Also, for those assuming it's a PC emulation: it's not. It's on X360.

Notice at the very end of the video, it says "Saving Content: Please don't turn off your console"

That wasn't on the N64 version. And that is exactly the same phrase every X360 game has that features autosave.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I am thinking maybe this as a WiiWare title, with Wii controls, this would be awesome. That truly took me back. What a game!

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

mrstickball said:
Also, for those assuming it's a PC emulation: it's not. It's on X360.

Notice at the very end of the video, it says "Saving Content: Please don't turn off your console"

That wasn't on the N64 version. And that is exactly the same phrase every X360 game has that features autosave.

Sure, but they could have easily overlaid that on the video. Also, the joystick on the N64 was more accurate than any current analog stick, it just wore out too easily. I wish today's sticks had the N64's accuracy, resistance, and range of movement.

@WiiRHardcore, I don't think controlling this game on a 360 pad would be difficult at all. The original game had several different control schemes to choose from anyway, and I'm sure they could come up with a good mapping.  But I, too, would like to see it on WiiWare with updated controls.  :)

WiiRHardcore said:
GoldenEye with the 360 controller or even the classic controller wouldn't be the same. The game works best with the N64 controller, considering you use the C buttons to strafe and point up or down. Current shooters like Halo using dual sticks control differently.

Go play Timesplitters and choose radical B in the controls options, which is the old GE/PD controls, it just feels wierd.

The best way to play this classic will always be to break out the N64 and plug it into an old CRT TV!

What do you mean? I play TS2 with custom controls... so I can't remember what the default was but when I played I had "move" and "turn" on the control stick, and "look" and "strafe" on the c-stick... which is exactly like Goldeneye except with a stick rather than c-buttons. 360 controller: left stick = move+turn. right stick = look+strafe (the rest is obvious) Wii remote: control stick = move+turn nunchuck tilt = strafe (I really want TS4 to do this) Wii pointer = look [boundry box is big so you can aim all over the screen, and turn slowly if you aim off one side, and look up/down when you aim off top/bottom] ------- I am doubtful it will be remastered for the Wii but wow it would be brilliant... there would be little differences like the trigger would be under your right finger/aim under left but otherwise true to the original [well apart from strafe, butit would be great leaning the nunchuck to do so]

Around the Network

It still felt awkward playing TimeSplitters with the c-stick rather than the c buttons, I guess it was just me. You guys are right though, you could re-map the buttons to the 360 controller, but I think a WiiWare remake with Wii controls would make the game a little too easy.

I'm not a big fan of modern shooters like Halo and CoD, so a remake could be great. I still think GoldenEye, with it's objective based missions is still the best FPS single player game ever.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

lets think... the story of Goldeneye on XBL hits the internet everywhere then all of a sudden a video get leaked, I wonder if it's fake???

WiiRHardcore said:
It still felt awkward playing TimeSplitters with the c-stick rather than the c buttons, I guess it was just me. You guys are right though, you could re-map the buttons to the 360 controller, but I think a WiiWare remake with Wii controls would make the game a little too easy.

I'm not a big fan of modern shooters like Halo and CoD, so a remake could be great. I still think GoldenEye, with it's objective based missions is still the best FPS single player game ever.

They increased the difficulty for RE4:Wii for that reason... I'm sure they could do it for this too. Wii controls would enable me to do the 1 mission I could not: Train on 00agent.... I could not figure out how to get Natalya out fast enough for ages. My friends brother told me I had to shoot Xenia before the shutters came down, which I eventually had to get said brother to do for me as I kept shooting Natalya (you have to shoot Ouromov then Xania apparently)

I could beat the game on Secret Agent pretty easy, some levels almost only using the PP7. Most levels are crazy hard on 00 Agent though, I guess because they take out the auto aim. To this day I still can't beat the Control Center, when you have to protect Natalya.

That video is probably an emulation though, I've never tried GE on my PC, but I've seen a couple mod sites with custom levels and stuff.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980