By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Wi U System Update is Day 1!

Day one!

Around the Network
osed125 said:

I guess Nintendo just want people to choose. Tomorrow is the Miiverse Nintendo direct so if you don't like it then don't download it, simple as that. 

Not exactly--this is a package deal for all online-related things.  Don't like Miiverse but still want to buy stuff from the e-Shop?  Too bad.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
osed125 said:

I guess Nintendo just want people to choose. Tomorrow is the Miiverse Nintendo direct so if you don't like it then don't download it, simple as that. 

Not exactly--this is a package deal for all online-related things.  Don't like Miiverse but still want to buy stuff from the e-Shop?  Too bad.

Are both things related? Can I buy games from the eshop without Miiverse? I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Nintendo fans, welcome to HD gaming.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I remember getting my PS3 at midnight the day MGS4 launched. I got home at around 2am and I just wanted to see what the game looked like. It didn't happen. I spent the whole night updating the console until I finally passed out. Went to work the next day PISSED.

Looks like I have that to look forward to, again. Oh, well. When it's over, it's over.

Around the Network
osed125 said:
thekitchensink said:
osed125 said:

Are both things related? Can I buy games from the eshop without Miiverse? I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

They're different programs, but this update contains all of them, so it's either 'don't connect online' or 'get Miiverse'.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I'm exite again!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

thekitchensink said:
That doesn't bother me at all, but it's... kind of strange, I suppose.

I think it's likely that Nintendo didn't have time to implement all of these features while hitting their production timing for the coming release, so they chose to finish developing this system while producing systems.

wfz said:
thekitchensink said:
That doesn't bother me at all, but it's... kind of strange, I suppose.

I think it's likely that Nintendo didn't have time to implement all of these features while hitting their production timing for the coming release, so they chose to finish developing this system while producing systems.

Fair enough, it's just a wierd feeling, though.  Like, when I buy a new iPhone I don't need to download the App Store...

Well, look at that. Nintendo copying Sony again.