By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Black Ops 2 Launch Guide (Wii U 720p 60fps, 360/ps3 SUB-HD)

PC VERSION ALL THE WAY! FUCK YEAH! LOL XD

Around the Network
Lusche said:
so pc>wiiu>ps3=360 ?

will get it for the pc, but if I was console only I would most likely get the wiiu one, just to test how good the 'online' (community) is

How did you come to that conslusion?

superchunk said:
runqvist said:
superchunk said:
runqvist said:
Chandler said:
runqvist said:

True hd my ass.

Well nintendo fans, is Wii U version the best console version?

Yes.

So it should sell a lot then, right? I think that best version should have the best sales, it is also a launch title which should get some additional sales due to lack of choices.

Starting from a userbase of zero and max of 4m by end of year? Don't be unrealistic. How many did X360 sell in xmas 2005 for similar multiplats?

CoD-brand has grown a lot since 2005. I did not mention by end of the year. End of next year would be a good measure.

COD is a front loaded game and doesn't have legs that make long term comparisons worth it.

Just look at X360, it took ~3yrs for it to become dominant in games over previous gen, specifically PS2. (maybe closer to 2yrs than 3...)

COD games do have legs though even though it is front-loaded. Just look at MW3, it has sold 2million+ this year per console. 

whilst you all argue about minimal graphical differences of COD, I think I will go enjoy the nicer graphics in Killzone.

Is this confirmed or just speculation?

Around the Network
TheBardsSong said:

The Wii U stuff? 

Just speculation, a rep said the Wii U version was finally "true HD" on a nintendo platform and that it would be 60fps (just like they harp on about X360 and PS3 being 60fps). Fanboys took that too mean that Wii U version was 1080p native, a rep eventually confirmed that it was not 1080p so now people are assuming that it's 720p. 

That may be proved false later 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

720p still beats sub-HD. (Not to mention the Wii U is also streaming a second screen at 480x854)
Also, the Wii U version isn't capped at 60fps like the 360/PS3 version.

o_O.Q said:
never in my life did i think that i'd start seeing graphics debates... over Call of Duty lol

I kinda sorta second this emotion.

Even if the ps3 version does end up looking better or atleast the same, the 360 version will always be ahead due to timed dlc, but on the good side, this is looking to be the best cod game on ps3 since Modern Warfare (cod4)

zarx said:
TheBardsSong said:

The Wii U stuff? 

Just speculation, a rep said the Wii U version was finally "true HD" on a nintendo platform and that it would be 60fps (just like they harp on about X360 and PS3 being 60fps). Fanboys took that too mean that Wii U version was 1080p native, a rep eventually confirmed that it was not 1080p so now people are assuming that it's 720p. 

That may be proved false later 

Actually, the rep said "Full HD".

The problem is he could have been using the word "full" simply as an adverb to emphasize the game would be in HD.  However, the term "Full HD" is the accepted marketing and industry terminology for 1920 x 1080 resolution.    If he meant the former, it was a poor choice of words due the the conflict with the industry term.

The rEVOLution is not being televised