By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic system compromise with calculations. Halo 4 really is at 90% not 87%

This System > Meta system?

Yes 37 33.04%

No 50 44.64%

Meh 25 22.32%

Total:112

Its some people that dont want Halo4 to be on top of the "charts". Same happened to Inception its not the best movie ever but for a period of time it only had perfect reviews on IMDB and was like 10% below what the average score was. Makes no sense.

Its like some people want to defend the top 5 spots from new games/movies etc. And when the "bad" reviews show up it magically corrects itself.

Around the Network

That's an impressive OP, that's all I have to say.

Oh, and Halo 4 is still first day buy, and 2/10's should be reserved for broken games.

SecondWar said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

If it makes you sleep at night, here's a statistical data that I found.. 90/100 score is the most recurring review score. With 20 reviewers scoring halo 4 90%. 

Thoughts? Is this system fair? 

Thanks Kain for the thread idea anyway. 

I'll support any system that disregards those nonsense reviews. If you have chance, like to see you recalculate it post-release if a significant number f new reviews are added.

Just remind me in a month.

(No really, I might forget) 

Yay!!!

Isn't an 87% score good ? I can't understand why a 3% difference can make a game great or bad in people's minds.

Getting trolled by critics is only half the battle.

Around the Network
Proclus said:
That's an impressive OP, that's all I have to say.

Oh, and Halo 4 is still first day buy, and 2/10's should be reserved for broken games.

this.

at worst a game should get a 5/10 if you really dont like it. there needs to be lots of bugs, and technical issues for a game to score less than that. and clearly halo is a well made game, but if its not your cup of tea, you dont score it 2/10. thats just bs.

Wow 87%!!  

Lol. No. Absolutely not.

The site is a review aggregation site.

You cannot discount outliers because they displease you.

That goes against the whole point of review aggregation.

Muh Haloes!

I like the use of statistics, but however this is a moot point. The curve for the charts isn't normally distributed (it's highly negatively-skewed), so 1.5 IQR would not help you with much of anything, just like using a z-score wouldn't help you with this distribution.

So let's discount the very low reviews, but let's leave the obviously paid 100's. No games should every get a 100, because that would mean the games is prefect, and I have yet to play a perfect game in my life. If any of these reviews we're more honest this game would be in the low 80's. But we live in a world we're success is paid for.