By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Vgchartz Poll: Who do you want to win the 2012 election Obama or Romney?

Who do you want to win the 2012 election?

Barack Obama 186 61.59%

Mitt Romney 56 18.54%

See Results 53 17.55%

Total:295
zuvuyeay said:
mrstickball said:
I think the Republican party will be dead in 20 years.

I litterally know no young adult my age that likes them. Not one - and they're all from conservative-leaning families. I'd say 80% support Gary in one form or fashion.

When the older generation dies out, I don't see the current crop of kids suddenly deciding that they want massive social authoritarianism which seems to be the Republicans braed & butter any more. Even the most fundamentalist of Christians I know (since I'm a youth pastor) generally support gay marriage & the legalization of drugs, as well as a much more non-interventionist foreign policy.

Given a few years, that will be disastrous for the Republicans, because the Moral Majority-types will cease to exist. At that point, there will be little to differentiate the Republicans from the Democrats - even less than there is today.

Dead in 20 years,really?

i'm not american but that seems unlikely to me

Yeah, the Republican party would just adapt if they had to.

Around the Network

Obama, please. I would blow up if Romney wins. I feel sorry for the Americans who are voting on Romney.

We need moar Zelda, now!

We need moar Unchartedzz!

We need less DLCs.

samuship said:
Obama, please. I would blow up if Romney wins. I feel sorry for the Americans who are voting on Romney.

They share about 80% of policy. That 20% shouldn't make anyone blow up.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Voting for Romney.
I still can't understand why people would vote for Obama.
we had 4 years of crap.

Obama is a great president for any other country, but not yours. That's what more or less 50% of the American voters think.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Kantor said:
Of the two, Obama by a narrow margin. That way, the Republican Party gets a good slap in the face hopefully followed by a good look in the mirror at what it's become.

By the way, I commend the Democratic Party on its extraordinary international propaganda, because every non-American appears to think that Romney is satan incarnate or a slobbering idiot or some mix of the two.

Not true; it's just Obama seems like a nice guy. We don't have nice guys in England, so it's nice to see a charismatic politician for once.

And Romney says a lot of silly things which just can't be forgiven. Nothing any ad campaign has done; just the general consensus.

I think Boris is rather charismatic, but I will admit that no member of the cabinet of either major party is remotely likeable.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Conegamer said:
Kantor said:
Of the two, Obama by a narrow margin. That way, the Republican Party gets a good slap in the face hopefully followed by a good look in the mirror at what it's become.

By the way, I commend the Democratic Party on its extraordinary international propaganda, because every non-American appears to think that Romney is satan incarnate or a slobbering idiot or some mix of the two.

Not true; it's just Obama seems like a nice guy. We don't have nice guys in England, so it's nice to see a charismatic politician for once.

And Romney says a lot of silly things which just can't be forgiven. Nothing any ad campaign has done; just the general consensus.

I think Boris is rather charismatic, but I will admit that no member of the cabinet of either major party is remotely likeable.

Boris is the only one who is even remotely likable, and that's saying something about our politicians.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Kantor said:

Boris is the only one who is even remotely likable, and that's saying something about our politicians.

More about our politics, really. I think all of those decades of bootlicking required to get anywhere in the government of this country must really take a toll on people and destroy their souls.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

I will note that the last time the Republican party got slapped in the face they came up with Mitt Romney.  He almost did not win the primary because he was seen as too moderate.

Romney's social policies scare me, while Obama's economic views scare me. In other words, I will vote for neither, and instead, sit back with some popcorn and watch the inevitable meltdown ensue from whichever side loses.