By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2012 Election Center: The Main Event - Obama Wins

Of the two main candidates for president, who will win?

Barack Obama 245 75.85%

Mitt Romney 73 22.60%

Total:318

I really wouldn't get too excited if i were you, Obama fans. He won this election by the slimmest of margins, hardly a mandate. Bush's re-election victory 8 years ago was far more decisive... he won by more than 3 million votes when all was said and done despite the two very unpopular wars going on at the time.

And when Bush was re-elected, the Republicans still had control of Congress. Obama still has a split congress, and if he doesn't perform a Clinton-esque move towards the political center, he'll be as big a lame duck president over these next 4 years as Bush was in his last 2 years in office.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

good win for Obama in the end then, Moron fans can go cry :-p

the world breathes a huge sigh of relief...

RoryGamesFree said:

Yup, because we Americans know how the rest of the world prefers a president who bows and kisses your asses as opposed to kicking them

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Farsala said:
Was very close, I thought Romney would win like 6 months ago but recently I remembered that most electoral college vote in 2nd term for most presidents. Like Bush, won electoral but lost popular, and now same with Obama for the most part.

Many votes from the Democratic western states (like my home state of California) haven't been tabulated yet. Obama is going to get a lot more of the popular vote once they're included. 

Congratulations Obama!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

NightDragon83 said:
RoryGamesFree said:

Yup, because we Americans know how the rest of the world prefers a president who bows and kisses your asses as opposed to kicking them

no, we just prefer a president of a powerful nation who isn't a complete and utter moron...go cry loser.

User has been moderated for this post ~Barozi

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
theprof00 said:
mrstickball said:
4 years from now, I don't think you're going to be as happy as you are tonight.

It'll be fun watching the country and how it deals with a ~$20 trillion debt and higher interest rates.

It's too bad because electing Mitt would've solved the problem immediately.

I thought that's why people elected Obama 4 years ago.

You mean how he said the road ahead is long and hard? How we'd need to make sacrifices? How we're shooting for goals 20 years ahead? How this is a long term strategy?

theprof00 said:
NightDragon83 said:
theprof00 said:
mrstickball said:

It'll be fun watching the country and how it deals with a ~$20 trillion debt and higher interest rates.

You mean how he said the road ahead is long and hard? How we'd need to make sacrifices? How we're shooting for goals 20 years ahead? How this is a long term strategy?

More than likely Obama's next four years will be just as shitty as the last 4, but he can just blame Bush and that gives room for the next democratic president to win.

Izo said:
theprof00 said:
NightDragon83 said:
theprof00 said:
mrstickball said:

More than likely Obama's next four years will be just as shitty as the last 4, but he can just blame Bush and that gives room for the next democratic president to win.

More than likely America is still in trouble because America has to fix a lot of problems. More than likely, this will again be blamed on Obama.

theprof00 said:
Izo said:
theprof00 said:
NightDragon83 said:
theprof00 said:
mrstickball said:

More than likely America is still in trouble because America has to fix a lot of problems. More than likely, this will again be blamed on Obama.

If anything was blammed on Obama he wouln't have won. He will also be blameless if the next 4 years get even worse.

JoeTheBro said:
Ya Obama won! I'm so excited now he can start to fix things! (it's all good guys, if I act like I was on his side all along I can blend in with this strange new world)

Why couldn't he start to fix things 4 years ago?