By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Equal rights movement has gone too far

When it comes to men and women being equal, I completely agree. Don't get me wrong there. Men and women both have claim to achieve financially, pursue careers, etc. But despite what many people are telling us, men and women are DIFFERENT. Thats why I think that married women w/ children should be homemakers. Going to childcare just isn't the same as being raised ( I say this loosely) normally.Unfortunately thats probably a controversial statement. Women by nature typically are better nurturers than men, while men by nature have greater endurance when it comes to physical labor. Of course, I do know some girls that couldn't mother their way out of a paper bag and some guys who are complete wimps with no drive. I dunno, thats just what I think. I might also be mad because my abortion topic got deleted.

Edit your signature or you will be banned. Aww :(

Around the Network

I disagree, I'm a guy and I don't mind staying home, or cook dinner, or bearing childre, or cleaning the house

;)

Equality is about having a choice, A girl should have a say in what she wants to do with her life, if she wants to be a homemaker? Sure, if she wants to be a businesswoman? Go right ahead.

by generalizing women as a whole and say what she 'should do', you are taking that away from her, hence the inequality.

Sure women have more of a nurturing nature to them GENERALLY, but it's really a case-by-case, There are girls who have NO BUSINESS having a baby. And yes, I'm looking at you Britney

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

You say that men and women are different, then say that there are men who are more like women and women who are more like men.

I think you actually mean that people are different.

I also think that you like to stir up trouble just for fun.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I'm not suggesting forcing women away from business at all. Women are better in many ways in business than men. I think that Someone should be at home though during the years that kids are young. (up to age 8 or so?)
I guess what I'm saying is that in families where both adults are working, the kids are the ones who "suffer" because of it. And since women are GENERALLY better nurturers, it might be better for them to stay at home. Although in the particular family, if the Dad would be a better nuturer, than by all means he should stay at home. Its just that "homemaker" has a negative connotation in a lot of cases, and really its equal to or more important than a traditional job.

Men and Women are different, yes.

However that doesn't mean a woman shouldn't pursue her own career or a man stay at home and look after the kids. In fact, I think that the differences between a male and a female should have no influence whatsoever on the decision of child rearing but rather what is practical and who would rather take what responsibilities.

Around the Network

I hate when people pick apart arguments to find contradictions....
I meant that there are some exceptions to the general rule I made, thats all. And I would rather be talking videogames, but there are no threads tonight that jump to my attention.

Yes, women are biologically different from men in ways yet to be fully determined by science (as ever). This is no reason to restrict their choices or anyone else. You're entitled to your opinion, but you can't force anyone else to behave differently so you have, uh, zero control over what "most" women do.

And also your topic was closed for a reason; and these 'controversial' topics already have a solution and it's always to give people the choice and then assess the situation if their rights impinge on other's rights.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I don't disagree with anyone here in this particular thread, I'm just having a heck of a time tryiing to make a point without coming off sexist....

Cultures that practice cannibalism might think its their right to do so. Are you saying that we then couldn't prevent them from doing so just because we disagree with them?

And if you're going to make a comment than you might as well read the others.
@ Gameboy
"I guess what I'm saying is that in families where both adults are working, the kids are the ones who "suffer" because of it. And since women are GENERALLY better nurturers, it might be better for them to stay at home. Although in the particular family, if the Dad would be a better nuturer, than by all means he should stay at home."