By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RE5 petition for wii has over 33.000 sigs and cap still not saying anything

makingmusic476 said:

I don't understand why Wii fans are doing this. It seems somewhat selfish to me that owners of the fastest selling console that will most likely receive the most exclusives in the end are begging for ps3/360 games like RE5, Bionic Commando, etc.

Embrace the games you have instead of obseessing over the ones you don't. Either that or buy a new console...

I didn't realize that the console market was a team effort. 

Around the Network
truthiness said:
makingmusic476 said:

I don't understand why Wii fans are doing this. It seems somewhat selfish to me that owners of the fastest selling console that will most likely receive the most exclusives in the end are begging for ps3/360 games like RE5, Bionic Commando, etc.

Embrace the games you have instead of obseessing over the ones you don't. Either that or buy a new console...

I didn't realize that the console market was a team effort. 

I've never seen such brilliance in just one sentence. I applaud you sir. It does baffle me as well how people seem to assume Consoles obvioulsy must co-exist in seperate niches or have to be purchased as a set.

Since when was coping out and buying all the consoles competing with eachother ever the "Mature",
"Recommended" or "Smart" choice for gamers? Granted, it's not a necessaraly bad idea, but I do love how it is forced down the throat of anyone who wishes to see one console prevail over its peers. Why take sides right? Just empty out your wallet and buy them all. Clearly integrity is for chumps. Looking at what a console represents for the next generation of gaming is not something to concern yourself with I guess. Who cares if a game franchise is splattered inconveniently across all the competing consoles at the dismay of the fans, I guess you just have to buy them all, way to go developers. God what a wonderful age we live in.

I'll always have more respect for anyone who supports just one console (no matter the console) over someone who tries to argue owning all of them as the only way to go. I'm not a sheep, I take stand for what I want gaming to be. God forbid we see a game franchise or developer stay with a company which has nutured its success. This is a generation of cowardice, the Developers don't have the balls to choose sides and it would seem neither do the gamers.

misteromar mk4 said:
Capcom are making RE5 just for the wii, they may port it to the 360 and they most likely wont bother with the ps3 version.

Think about it, we have not heard shit about it in a while, not since the africa clips. They were just cutscene's, which could be fmv for the wii. Maybe the silence means they have scrapped previous build and switch to the wii.

Capcom has the balls to do this, they did the exact same thing with MH3. They also almost completed RE4 and then scraped it and made a different RE4 and they weren't even changing platforms, just wanted to go a different direction.

Nintendo is where the RE fans are these days, RE4, REmake, RE0 on gamecube, then RE4 and RE UC on the wii have extremely well.

Dude, what the hell are you smoking?  Whos ass did you pull this info out that capcom is making RE5 just for the Wii and might consider it on 360 but not on PS3?  You do realize RE4 also came out on the PS2?  That has sold close to a million more units then the GC version and twice as many units as the Wii version.  Yes, maybe they sold well on Nintendo systems, but RE5 is exactly the PS3 and X360s demographics. 

Hell, i would make a bet that even if a version of it came out on the Wii, it still probably sell more units on at least the 360.  (and if PS3 userbase gets higher by then, then on there too)

Capcom blames Wii Fit

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

RE4: from GC to PS2, then to Wii because they these games are all 480i/480p.
RE5: on PS3/Xbox360, at least 720p.
Give it up people! Wait until Nintendo launch Wii-HD and start the petition.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network

^it doesnt have to be RE5 it could be a whole new RE game for wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Capcom is well know for releasing their games on every possible platform, but this time it's impossible (Resident Evil 5 on Wii).

This game will be release for PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 and later on for PC.

^yeah but what about a new RE game for wii with RE4 controls that could happen and would be good

u could might aswell ask capcom to port it to NES. Wii is weak. It can take a few 3rd party games like gh 3 but even then it needs to be mono. I think they would have to downgrade alot to make it work on a wii. Dont even come with the re4 arguement.

Xbox360 and Ps3 owner

I spit in your mouth at nite

^well they could atleast make a new RE game for wii with RE4 style