_crazy_man_ said:
the2real4mafol said:
_crazy_man_ said:
the2real4mafol said:
_crazy_man_ said:
the2real4mafol said:
_crazy_man_ said:
the2real4mafol said:
I wonder if Wii U games will start having 2 discs in a couple of years. I swear a Wii U disc holds only 25gb. 17gb for an early game like this is alot

Ever heard of dual layered discs?

yeah but i didn't think Wii U used dual layer discs

If the Wii can, the Wii U will as well

It shows what I know lol

No its ok, not many Wii games were dual layered anyhow.

Only one's I can think of on the top of my head are:

Mario Kart Wii

Metroid Other M

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Raving Rabbids Collection

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

Samurai Warriors 3 / 3 Z

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

The Last Story

Xenoblade Chronicles

Super mario galaxy must of been small in Gb terms, if that weren't dual layered. That was one of the best looking games on the wii

Yeah it was 3.28 GB's out of the 4.6 GB's of a single layer Wii disc.

the size of games are never what i expect them to be, they are always smaller than i think

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
_crazy_man_ said:
the2real4mafol said:
_crazy_man_ said:
the2real4mafol said:
_crazy_man_ said:
the2real4mafol said:
_crazy_man_ said:
the2real4mafol said:
I wonder if Wii U games will start having 2 discs in a couple of years. I swear a Wii U disc holds only 25gb. 17gb for an early game like this is alot

It shows what I know lol

Mario Kart Wii

Metroid Other M

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Samurai Warriors 3 / 3 Z

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

The Last Story

Xenoblade Chronicles

Super mario galaxy must of been small in Gb terms, if that weren't dual layered. That was one of the best looking games on the wii

the size of games are never what i expect them to be, they are always smaller than i think

What's even crazier is that SMG2 is only 1.3 GB's.........

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
the2real4mafol said:
_crazy_man_ said:
the2real4mafol said:
_crazy_man_ said:
the2real4mafol said:
_crazy_man_ said:
the2real4mafol said:
_crazy_man_ said:
the2real4mafol said:

It shows what I know lol

Mario Kart Wii

Metroid Other M

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Samurai Warriors 3 / 3 Z

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

The Last Story

Xenoblade Chronicles

What's even crazier is that SMG2 is only 1.3 GB's.........

WTF! That's so small! it could fit on a 3DS or even DS cartridge then. But hopefully, a mario galaxy 3D game will happen eventually, Mario galaxy is my 2nd favourite mario game after Super Mario World of course

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Hmm so it's smaller than the PS3 version (17.1GB) that's interesting I wonder what they cut. Both the Wii U and PS3 versions are much bigger than the X360 version as the X360 version uses super heavily compressed FMV.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

OMG THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSE PICS IS.....barely noticeable

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
OMG THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSE PICS IS.....barely noticeable

that is because they are resized

http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/5/1/5/2/0/0/360_FMV_001.png

http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/5/1/5/2/0/0/PS3_FMV_001.png

@TheVoxelman on twitter

leo-j said:
well.. it really makes sense to launch a 12gb/32GB console.. when you have games that take up more than 10GB of space on the HDD..

they will more than likely x10 the HDD space for Wii u within the next couple of years.. if they really want to push the nintendo network and want to compete with a similar service to PSN/XBL

They can't do that, largely because to get too much bigger without greater expense, they would need to switch to actual HDDs (remember, these are solid state drives), which would require them to rebuild the console's physical design entirely.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I doubt they cut anything as a matter of fact they added stuff with the Nintendo specific costumes. 

zarx said:

Hmm so it's smaller than the PS3 version (17.1GB) that's interesting I wonder what they cut. Both the Wii U and PS3 versions are much bigger than the X360 version as the X360 version uses super heavily compressed FMV.

The Wii U and PS3 differences are likely audio and language.   For the PS3, they tend to put all text and audio languages on the disc (even if it's not for that territory).   Because the Wii U is region locked, they won't put unecessary extra audio and text on the disc.

We also don't know of which, if any, txture compression schemes are in play for each console version.

The PS3 disc speed is also slower so some game assets may have been written to the disc in mulitple locations to reduce load times.   I know several PS3 games that do this.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
zarx said:

The Wii U and PS3 differences are likely audio and language.   For the PS3, they tend to put all text and audio languages on the disc (even if it's not for that territory).   Because the Wii U is region locked, they won't put unecessary extra audio and text on the disc.

We also don't know of which, if any, txture compression schemes are in play for each console version.

The PS3 disc speed is also slower so some game assets may have been written to the disc in mulitple locations to reduce load times.   I know several PS3 games that do this.

yea that makes sense 

@TheVoxelman on twitter