By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU Tekken Tag is 16.7GB download

Tagged games:

And the Wii u takes SD cards too (upto 128gb), can't see why anyone complain!

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
sergiodaly said:
what is takken tag?
you need to fix the tittle...

why is this some kind of news? we all know that the game disc for wii U holds up to 25 GBs and that some games these days are that big... so no surprise that most of the DL version of retail games won't fit the internal memory. use it for small games and save files... that was what i would do if i was going to buy a wii U.

It's still really wierd because the game fits on one Xbox 360 disc.  I have trouble believing that the extra Nintendo costumes and possibly higher-resolution textures would nearly double the amount of space the game takes up.

it must be because of uncompressed assets to improve performance. if space ain't a issue devs tend to use it to make the game runs better...nintendo fans were all over the place with the chance of having a 3TB HDD, so 17 instead of 9 its not a issue.

the xbox version  is smaller because of compression of assets, most games are single threaded and xbox has 3 cores so they can use one of them to uncompress stuff and the memory architecture is flexible to manage this things, besides people are already used to wait for loading page this gen, and in a new platform devs like to minimize the loading time to give people the feeling of a new era of gaming.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

F0X said:
Well, I'll be investing in a 100-120 GB hard drive failrly soon then. I doubt I'll buy more than a handful of large games digitally.

As a owner of a 120GB PS3 I suggest, you go for at least 250GB, it shouldn't cost much more. Small things like game installs +demos build up quickly better. Better yet some games demand double the amount they take up for you to actually install it. I don't know why but Infamous 2 requires 30GB despite only being 15GB in actual size. I think we'll see overall games sizes, patches and DLC increase in size as I think alot of developers are now only restricted by the 360 and soon that system will be an after thought. 

@phenom08: Didn't take it as such. ;)
It really is a great thing that the WiiU can use an SD card.

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

If only science could come up with a device capable of storing that much memory  times 100 and be attachable it to the console...

if only, but I think we are still very far from such a crazy idea..

Around the Network

People, use your heads. A few costumes don't take up that much space.......
I'm guessing the game uses higher-res textures, uncompressed files...etc. Might even run at a higher resolution.

teigaga said:
F0X said:
Well, I'll be investing in a 100-120 GB hard drive failrly soon then. I doubt I'll buy more than a handful of large games digitally.

As a owner of a 120GB PS3 I suggest, you go for at least 250GB, it shouldn't cost much more. Small things like game installs +demos build up quickly better. Better yet some games demand double the amount they take up for you to actually install it. I don't know why but Infamous 3 requires 30GB despite only being 15GB in actual size. I think we'll see overall games sizes, patches and DLC increase in size as I think alot of developers are now only restricted by the 360 and soon that system will be an after thought. 

Infamous 3 isn't out yet.

I confused. What are we accusing NB of?

VGKing said:
People, use your heads. A few costumes don't take up that much space.......

Does obvious sarcasm need Captain Obvious to point out?

VGKing said:
teigaga said:
F0X said:

As a owner of a 120GB PS3 I suggest, you go for at least 250GB, it shouldn't cost much more. Small things like game installs +demos build up quickly better. Better yet some games demand double the amount they take up for you to actually install it. I don't know why but Infamous 3 requires 30GB despite only being 15GB in actual size. I think we'll see overall games sizes, patches and DLC increase in size as I think alot of developers are now only restricted by the 360 and soon that system will be an after thought. 

Infamous 3 isn't out yet.

lol, corrected*