By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - P4G has aired on Vita!!! Will you be tunning in?

Tagged games:

Will you be picking up the game?

Duh! Of Course!!!!! 10 83.33%

Whats "Persona"? 2 16.67%

Total:12
ninetailschris said:
forevercloud3000 said:
The Greatest JRPG in recent years is almost upon us. Come next tuesday....you shall be MINE!!!!! Not to mention the awesome PSN update coincides with the release! YAY!!! :D

Xenoblade says hi :)

Anyway looks good should get metacrtic of 90 by the end of the day.

I'm sure Xenoblade is great, but Persona 4 is God Teir! ;)

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
ninetailschris said:
forevercloud3000 said:
The Greatest JRPG in recent years is almost upon us. Come next tuesday....you shall be MINE!!!!! Not to mention the awesome PSN update coincides with the release! YAY!!! :D

I've played both, Persona 4 wins no question in my eyes.  Bit lower on Meta, but that's just one of those JRPG comparison where I disagree with Meta, like how high they put Eternal Sonata.  

Torillian said:
ninetailschris said:
forevercloud3000 said:

I've played both, Persona 4 wins no question in my eyes.  Bit lower on Meta, but that's just one of those JRPG comparison where I disagree with Meta, like how high they put Eternal Sonata.  

I concur sir.

Greatness Awaits

forevercloud3000 said:

dem feet

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Torillian said:
ninetailschris said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Persona 4 golden looks great but in no way can it be the greatest thing ever if in reality it's a port with few more levels and stuff added.

Plus I believe the game is more niche than broad like Xenoblade so it wins in that area also.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network

96/100 on Metacritic. That is impressive.
Once all reviews are in it'll probably drop, but I can see this staying above 90.

Man im gunna have to import this its not out in EU until next year :(

ninetailschris said:
Torillian said:
ninetailschris said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Persona 4 golden looks great but in no way can it be the greatest thing ever if in reality it's a port with few more levels and stuff added.

Plus I believe the game is more niche than broad like Xenoblade so it wins in that area also.

The fact it is a port has no baring on it's quality as a game. Regardless of the fact it is a remake, it still stands to be one of the best JRPGs in recent years. Many people did not experience the original because it came at the end years of the PS2's life cycle, and well after PS3/360 released.

Xenoblade and Persona 4 are probably equally niche. Pretty much any RPG that isn't Elder Scrolls,Mass Effect, FF, or Pokemon is niche.

Which is better will still come out to opinion, but I think Persona 4 is far more respectable to the general gaming community.

Greatness Awaits

ninetailschris said:

Not what I'm arguing, I'm arguing that Persona 4 is the best JRPG in years, to which you countered with Xenoblade and I disagree with you.

How can you give Xenoblade a "win" for being more broad when it has less sales than Persona 4?  Seems rediculous to me, are you just basing this off anime cutscenes?

How do the Persona games play out? I've heard of them, but never actually given them a shot.