By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo EU, US and JP Sales Chartz + Pixel Count (PSV, DS and Wii are DOOMED)

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
VicViper said:
One thing we learned in this thread: you can say without anyone bothering you a system is doomed and even "dead" here in VGCharts if:

- you're a Sony fan.
- you put Wii and DS on the same sentence

Interesting.

So you think Wii and DS sales are good in Europe? Wii is selling way way less than PS360. DS is selling less than PSV and I think PSV sales is shameful.

You don't get it. A thread was made (by me)  saying the Vita was dead and it was locked. You say it and obviously its ok. It was locked by a mod that just so happened to like Sony platforms. You do the math.

Around the Network

pezus said:

Oh, you misunderstood. I wasn't pointing out an error, I was just wondering if #8 made sense compared to VGC sales. Then you posted the VGC list and it was number 23 or something lol

lol sorry.

VGC have it near 500k and the chart show it at least near 700k... undertracked 200-300k.

The bad news is GT5 reach the 8 million sales before the Week 100... I was loving the coincidence (I was preparing the party already).

Wait a minute. So Wii is doomed even when it have 5 of the top 20 games and its succesor will be released in a month. Oh, and DS also. Not like its succesor called 3DS had been released 19 moths ago.

Selling more than MKWii which is a game released four and a half years ago and has sold more than 30M WW. What an achievement.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

phenom08 said:

You don't get it. A thread was made (by me)  saying the Vita was dead and it was locked. You say it and obviously its ok. It was locked by a mod that just so happened to like Sony platforms. You do the math.

I didn't konw that... well if any mod aked to change the title I would change but I think I put three hardware DOOMED and one of them is Sony (the most dommed too).

I don't think DS and Wii is really dommed... DS is selling good in US but it numbers in Europe is bad... Wii have the Wii U sucessor this month so I expected bad sales but not so bad... I think even Nintendo is surprised with the Wii sales * they shipped ~500k this quarter *.

The word DOOMED is more for funny... I love how the VGC was before with the DOOMED thread with over 1,000 comments.

It's not so serious.

ethomaz said:

phenom08 said:

I didn't konw that... well if any mod aked to change the title I would change but I think I put three hardware DOOMED and one of them is Sony (the most dommed too).

I don't think DS and Wii is really dommed... DS is selling good in US but it numbers in Europe is bad... Wii have the Wii U sucessor this month so I expected bad sales but not so bad... I think even Nintendo is surprised with the Wii sales * they shipped ~500k this quarter *.

The word DOOMED is more for funny... I love how the VGC was before with the DOOMED thread with over 1,000 comments.

It's not so serious.

I agree its just some mods can't keep their own personal feelings out of this. Its pretty incredible to say its ok to say the Wii is "dead" but not the Vita when its selling worse.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:

I'm really amazed that the PS2 is selling so well still. I mean aren't PSP's only $130 now? It's a portable PS2 with a comparable library, yet PS2 is still killing and PSP is dying in everywhere except Japan.

PS2's library absolutely kills PSP's library though. Maybe not if you only like JRPGs, but everything else...there is no contest.

This is true, but at the same time it's really easy to get a PS2 emulator on PC and play PS2 disks. PSP is portable, and last I checked there weren't any PSP playing phones.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

hey ethomaz would be great if you would put your pixel calculation in your op, otherwise people won't see it if they don't read all posts like me^^

crissindahouse said:

hey ethomaz would be great if you would put your pixel calculation in your op, otherwise people won't see it if they don't read all posts like me^^

Updated .

luigiman5555 said:
PSV, DS, and Wii "are" doomed. Not "is" doomed.

Fixed... thanks.

Michael-5 said:
ethomaz said:

OMG!!! GRAN TURISMO!!!

I can't see it before... it is in TOP10 ALL EUROPE SALES!!!  Sold more than NSMB2 and Mario Kart Wii.

WOW FIFA 12 on PS3 too... Epic sales... almost sells like FIFA 13.

LOL, yea this game surprises me too. I guess with no Gran Turismo 6, new PS3 owners just go and buy GT5. Great game.

I noticed Forza not too far down the list, does pretty decent in UK specifically.

Forza doesnt show up in EU chart.